Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, OOC01

Scotley

Hero
You mention crafting magic items, but at this point we are still limited to potions and scrolls right? Are we going to be able to craft some and trade them for something nifty? Or are you giving us more feats and I missed it?

Leif

Adventurer
KerlanRayne said:
Just a small question. What about combining items? Can we do it as described in the MIC? It might alter my item decisions.
PS - 5,000 would bring us a tad over 4th level, which is exactly where we are. It's very appreciated. :D
EDIT: Intelligence changes don't change skill points retroactively do they? (I mean in this game, I know they don't normally)
No, they don't change skill point totals retroactively. Nice try, though.

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley said:
You mention crafting magic items, but at this point we are still limited to potions and scrolls right? Are we going to be able to craft some and trade them for something nifty? Or are you giving us more feats and I missed it?
Yeah, I was thinking of Kerlan and his craft wolndrous item feat. Also applies to anyone else who happened to take additional crafting feats, fo course.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Leif said:
Guess I need more specifics to answer that. Combining WHAT and WHAT?
Combining two magic items together that use the same slot. For example: Combining some Boots of Elvenkind with some Boots of Striding and Springing. The resulting item would cost 5,500 gp + (2,500 gp * 1.5) = 9,250 gp. Common items like stat boosters, AC bonuses, etc, don't cost extra. A +2 INT Headband and a Hat of Disguise would cost 4,000 gp + 1,800 gp = 5,800 gp. Any other questions?

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
KerlanRayne said:
Kerlan took Craft Wondrous Item as his 3rd level feat.

Ah, my ignorance is showing. For some reason I had it in my head that all the craft feats besides potions and scrolls required caster level five. A quick check reveals that I was mistaken. Guess Tylara will have to be content with potions and scrolls until we get our bonus wizardly feat.

Remove ads