Tempest Fugit

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin shrugs "That should do just fine. All have to rearrange some things in my packk though. Could anyone carry some spare sling bullets for me?"

Dungannon

First Post
B4cchus said:
Talbin shrugs "That should do just fine. All have to rearrange some things in my packk though. Could anyone carry some spare sling bullets for me?"
"Sorry, my friend. Since my donkey won't be coming on the trip with us I will need to rearrange my own belongings." With that, Devlin begins inventorying his belongings and deciding on what to leave behind.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Oh hell. All that work for no fin."

Gur grabs his equipment off his horses and cries big dirty tears.

"Grah. Well at least my dog can come, right? I've gotta have some company. Let's go trackin'!"

Gur only grabs 7 days of his rations, anticipating that he'll be able to hunt something somewhere along the way.

orsal

LEW Judge
Dungannon said:
"Sorry, my friend. Since my donkey won't be coming on the trip with us I will need to rearrange my own belongings." With that, Devlin begins inventorying his belongings and deciding on what to leave behind.

"Good idea. We should try to travel light," Nurlan says. He starts going through his accumulated paraphernalia, figuring out what he can do without. He first puts a 10' pole aside. "It's useful, but if we really need it I can probably use the spear." He then looks over his weapons. "Do I really need all of these? Maybe best to leave the scimitar here. If I need something small to fight closer than the spear or bow, I can always use this" (he pulls out an adamantine dagger) "although I hope I don't actually need to use it as a weapon." He takes a few minutes thinking about his tent and sleeping bag. "We're going to a harsh land. I think I'll need to have protection from the elements. Better keep these. But they are bulky."

OOC: Nurlan doesn't part with odds and ends easily -- even "travelling light" he's still at 81 lb, 23 lb into medium encumbrance, unless someone can take something off his hands, or persuade him to be more sparing.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It's a Riding Dog, right, the strong kind of dog? They list a collie as a possibility, and female collies weigh about 50-65 pounds (female huskies weigh about the same too, but the third choice, St. Bernard, is much much heavier). If it is a female collie or husky, you should be fine carrying her, though she would use up pretty much half of your allowed weight limit herself. Remember that Phantom Steed lets the rider (no matter how much the rider weighs) fly for free, but above and beyond the rider's own body weight, you only get 100+ pounds or so)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Wolves are interesting...male and female dogs are sort of similar in weight (only off by 15 pounds or so), but with wolves, adult male wolves weigh almost twice as much as a female (60 pounds average for a female and 110 pounds for a male). If it's a female wolf, you're A-OK with absolutely no problems, but if it's a male wolf, it's going to be very awkward and you can't bring nearly any gear (including armour and such) unless someone else takes it.)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Is 115 lbs too much? I guess worst case, she has a few things she can leave behind (Crafting tools).

orsal

LEW Judge
B4cchus said:

After sorting through his stuff to weed out the inessentials, Nurlan says, "I can take those, if it will keep your load light. You've got the shortest legs, so once we're on foot we should try to keep you moving as fast as we can."

Remove ads