The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Richard Rawen

First Post
Wincing somewhat, eyes watering, Richard wonders how the others can act so normal in this stench... he chokes a bit then speaks as clearly as he can, "I am called Richard apRawen, what's wrong with the mushrooms!?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Ah, spells. I've been assuming you were just preparing on your own, probably using a standard set that you keep on your character sheet? If not, go ahead and declare them now.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Tumna Lakeside, a pleasure to meet you," the young telepath introduces herself. "You have a very... peculiar fragrance here."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Nhairi listens carefully as you introduce yourselves. She moves to Rinya, says, "Rinya Starflower," then inhales deeply through her nose. Nhairi immediately begins to hack and cough, and she turns away. Thallirae runs to her side and puts a hand on her back. Nhairi waves a dismissive hand. "I apologize, this smell..."

Recovering, she turns to each one of you in turn, saying your each of your names. She tells you, "Our monastery is dying. The druids are hibernating and expending all of their energy to keep it alive, but we do not know the cause... Please, come with me. The Grandmaester will be able to explain matters better than I. And inside, the stench is not quite as potent." She guides you to one of the mushroom buildings. Not the largest one in the grove, but still a massive mushroom by any standards. She opens the round wooden door in the wide mushroom stem and lets you all inside.

It's a small, bare room, though plenty tall, even for Richard. It doesn't take up the whole base of the 'shroom, so the door in the back probably leads to a back chamber. The walls are white fungus, soft at first touch, but firm when pressed hard. The floor is packed dirt. You notice that Nhairi isn't wearing shoes. And she was right, the smell is a tiny bit better in here.

An old elf, wearing a white blindfold, is seated at the other side of the room, his back against a wall. He lifts his head as you enter. "Ah... Nhairi? Is that you? Who have you found?" "My cousin, Thallirae, and her companions." She quickly introduces you, pointing at each of you as she says your names. You notice that she confuses Richard with Khairi and Tumna with Saithnar.

The old man nods and stands, slowly. "Well then! I welcome you to our humble monastery! I must say, I didn't expect any visitors. What brings you all here?" All things considered, he seems rather relaxed.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The old elf cocks his head and holds his hand up before you can answer. "And who's the last one with you? Nhairi introduced you all, and there's Thallirae, and one last one. I can hear her, she's gagged. A prisoner, perhaps?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: BigB? Still with us?

Update tonight.
OOC: BigB is my DM in another LEW adventure, so I happen to know he's been moving to a new house over the last week or two. His schedule should open back up this week sometime and get back to normal for posting more.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard turns to look at Rinya, then at the captive fey. The big human opens his mouth, then closes it, seeming to decide that others are better equipped to make explanations to Elves as to why they are toting around a fey prisoner...

[sblock=OOC: quick non-thread question]A buddy of mine is trying to start up an online D&D game and he is convinced he needs some form of mapping to give his players a visual aid.
Can anyone recommend such a site/program please?[/sblock]

Dalamar

Adventurer
For a moment, Tumna wonders why the blind gal pointed them to the blind oldie, but decides that she isn't that interested in the thoughts of the blind; who knows, she might catch blindness!

Clearing her thoughts, she addresses the grandmaester. "Honoured maester, a Council was held a short time ago as there are signs of the Lichwyrm Vildaxaranthus possibly returning to wreack havoc upon the world. It was decided that a small group of adventurers would be sent to locate and secure the Shards of his phylactery. We are here searching for the Sylvan Shard located within these woods.
And regarding the one who went unintroduced, she is indeed a prisoner. Specifically, she is a fae that attacked us on our way here. She was leading a small band of her kind that turned out to not actually be especially fond of her." Turning to the others in the group, she adds: "Now that I think about it, didn't the other fey say that this one was stinky? Could it be connected to the foul odour here?"

Remove ads