The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar-M Elan Psion(Telepath)3 -AC:15(11 without Inertial Armor), HP:16/16, PP:2/17

Getting aggravated, Saithnar summons his will and pushes forth an energy pulse of hot flame towards the injured undead that is threatening Richard. "Why will you not DIE!?!" Still failing to hit the target with his mental powers, Saithnar gives up and pulls out his crossbow to use next...

OOC: Fire augmented energy ray at U1. 1d20+2-4=2, 2d6+2=8 Big, fat, honkin' MISS. I'll try with crossbow starting next round since he's nearly out of PP anyway.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Feeling like a battered cat's-toy, Richard sways on his feet after that last blow. He grunts, then growls in his frustration, his words somewhat slurred, even over the mind-link. "Not... Dead... Yet!" he thinks angrily, then seems to look things over a bit more carefully and reconsiders.
Thrusting himself away from one attacker, he tries to keep his shield up and fend off the other. 'If I can just get a moment to drink a potion...', he thinks to the others as he moves away from the zombies.
[sblock=OOC ]Withdraw to E10[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Richard, seeing he's in a bad place, delays a bit, allowing his allies to help him (sorta NPC'd)

Saithnar's attack misses.

Khairi, Tumna, and Thallirae also hang back a moment. (NPC'd)

Round 5:

Rinya's rage proves effective, her furious attack hacks one of the undead to pieces and sends body parts flying across the chamber (U1 falls)

Tumna fires another one into the undead thing, dealing minimal damage. (hit, 1 damage to U2) Tumna, seeing the roots advancing, takes a step back to evade their grasp.

Khairi now jumps in, sliding around the remaining creature, provoking it and evading the anticipated punch. (U2 AoO on Khairi, miss). Then he responds with a counter attack, cutting but doing little damage. (roll, 4 damage to U2)

Richard uses the opening to back up and... (Richard now has a standard action. He could use it to attack (at the beginning of his turn) or he could use it to loosen his shield to free up a hand for a potion, or he could move further. The withdraw action is no longer necessary, since Khairi took the AoO from U2.)

Thallirae... (Richard, while you're at it, could you NPC Thallirae for me?)

Initiative
Rinya Starflower , 13 HP
Tumna Lakeside
Khairi Bahedar
Richard Rawen , 1 HP
Thallirae
Roots? 1
Roots? 2
Undead Body 1 , 53 damage sustained, fallen
Undead Body 2 , 4 damage sustained
Undead Body 3 , 54 damage sustained, fallen

Attachments

• roots-int_chamber.jpg
    roots-int_chamber.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Richard (NPC'd) gasps a sigh of relief and thanks to Khairi as he draws the undead's attacks. The man loosens his shield and backs up while pulling a potion from his pack.

Thallirae springs forward and releases her stored magical energy on the creature. The stench of seared flesh fills your nostrils as sparks fly from her fingers to her target. (9 damage to U2)

The roots finally detach from the wall, proving that they can indeed leave its shelter. They lash out violently at Rinya, taking advantage of her distracting rage and beating her blue and black and dropping her to the ground. (Lowest hits AC 19, 3+8+7=18 damage to Rinya. Rinya is at -5 HP and dying.)

The tentacles this far from the wall do not seem to ooze poison as they did before, sparing Rinya its debilitating effects.

(Do I have Rinya's HP correct at 13, or is it higher because of the rage? If so, she takes 8 more damage from the 4th root attack which hits AC 16, and ignore the next paragraph.)

The roots, having felled one threat, make a (surprisingly?) intelligent decision and target another of the group: Thallirae. The elf is light on her feet and she jumps out of the way. (4th root atk hits AC 16)

The other set of living roots advances towards Khairi but does not reach him.

Finally, the remaining undead creature strikes at Thallirae but cannot seem to get a hand on the quick elf.

Saithnar... OOC: Saithnar may change his action if he wants.

Round 6:

Initiative:
Rinya Starflower , -5 HP
Tumna Lakeside
Khairi Bahedar
Richard Rawen , 1 HP
Thallirae
Roots? 1
Roots? 2
Undead Body 1 , 53 damage sustained, fallen
Undead Body 2 13 damage[/color] sustained
Undead Body 3 , 54 damage sustained, fallen
Saithnar

Everybody...

Attachments

• roots-int_chamber.jpg
    roots-int_chamber.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 248

Heckler

First Post
(Do I have Rinya's HP correct at 13, or is it higher because of the rage?)

ooc: Rinya's 13 HP include 6 temp HP from rage. Once her rage ends in three rounds (or is it two, now?) she will lose those 6HPs. You have her correct currently at -5.

Heckler

First Post
ooc:So I might need a bit of clarification as to how much I can get away with, while maintaining my rage.

After Saithnar feeds me a potion I am at +2 HP, prone, with my sword in my square. I want to move to F9 (5' crawl?), keep my sword with me, retrieve a healing potion from my backpack while maintaining my rage.

I'd like to drink it, too, but I think that might be a bit much. ;)

And for the record; Rage: round 4 of 6

Remove ads