The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Richard Rawen

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
. . . Then a small, green sprite comes up out of the reeds. She's about four feet tall, and smiling coyly. "Hello there," she says in high-pitched Common. "Sorry to startle you, there's no need for weapons. I just wanted to talk."

Peering around carefully, to look for any real threats, Richard then settles on his haunches and smiles at the small woman, his shield settled against the ground at his side.

Rae ArdGaoth said:
. . . She digs her toe into the soft river ground, her hands are folded behind her back, and her gaze turns to Richard. "It just seems to me that you're plunging into this a little... hastily. Wouldn't you say so, Mr. Big Sword?"
Blushing a bit as he tries to push the ornate blade at his side further out of view, the fighter dips his head and smiles timidly. He opens his mouth, closes it, then "It really is important... and a Dragon said bad things were coming. Have you ever met a Dragon?" spills out in a rush.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"How is it that travelling to a monestary can be 'plunging into things too quickly'?" Saithnar asks the creature while wondering about the mental push that he felt earlier.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Khairi: said:
Khairi looks upon the sprite with a confused look. What are you doing here listening in on our conversations? And what did you do to my head? Khairi is feeling a bit embarrassed for waking everyone.
"I might ask you what you're doing on my river bank. And I didn't do anything to your head," she asserts innocently.
Richard: said:
"It really is important... and a Dragon said bad things were coming. Have you ever met a Dragon?" spills out in a rush.
The little green girl giggles again. She wags her finger at Richard, "You humans, the sky is always falling. Every day, every year, it's a different cause and a different prophet, but the sky is always falling."
Saithnar: said:
"How is it that travelling to a monestary can be 'plunging into things too quickly'?"
The sprite frowns at Saithnar. "I'm only concerned for your health, mister. What you call the Wyrwood is a dangerous place, moreso today than yesterday. You'd do well to steer clear of it."
[sblock=Knowledge (Nature) DC: 10]You've heard of creatures like this one. They are fey, they are known for their close ties with the magic of nature.[sblock=DC: 15]This particular fey is a type of pixie, probably aquatic judging by its environment. Fey are resistant to damage except from cold iron weapons, which they hate with a passion.[sblock=DC: 20]Nixies, as these types of pixies are called, are amphibious but prefer to remain in their watery homes unless threatened. They are usually indifferent to others unless their territory is invaded. They are capable of charming humanoids, usually to do their heavy lifting. Since Nixies are aquatic, you find it somewhat strange that this one should venture from its home to meet you on the shore...[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

OOC: For the record, I'll usually roll your sense motive and spot checks secretly, and post the relevant information in sblocks addressed to your characters. But don't be afraid to request a sense motive check if you want; sometimes I forget or sometimes you just want a check. Be aware that your character can sometimes read too much into the words of another, and possibly get a false reading of their motive.

Last edited:

Heckler

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
The little green girl giggles again. She wags her finger at Richard, "You humans, the sky is always falling. Every day, every year, it's a different cause and a different prophet, but the sky is always falling."

Rae ArdGaoth said:
The sprite frowns at Saithnar. "I'm only concerned for your health, mister. What you call the Wyrwood is a dangerous place, moreso today than yesterday. You'd do well to steer clear of it."

"Oh, you fey. The sky is always falling," Rinya comments with a grin.

ooc: Untrained Kn(Nat)=1d20+4=23
As this is an untrained roll for me, I believe I can't do better than a 10 and just blew a really good roll, correct?
:mad:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: That is correct. =P

Now the fey turns her frowning face to Rinya. "It won't be the sky that hits the ground if you think to set foot in that forest," she says, a coldness in her voice that definitely wasn't there before.

[sblock=Richard: ]It's rather upsetting you that your traveling companions are being mean to your green friend![/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
"I might ask you what you're doing on my river bank. And I didn't do anything to your head," she asserts innocently.

Khairi looking puzzled begins scanning the area. If you did nothing to my head, then who or what did!?

Heckler

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Now the fey turns her frowning face to Rinya. "It won't be the sky that hits the ground if you think to set foot in that forest," she says, a coldness in her voice that definitely wasn't there before.
"I was trying to be funny. I thought you fey enjoyed a good joke. Apparently I'm not very good at it," Rinya says, somewhat apologetically. "So what do you think will happen to us if we go in the forest?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rinya said:
"I was trying to be funny. I thought you fey enjoyed a good joke. Apparently I'm not very good at it,"
"No, apparently not," she huffs, but the coldness in her voice is gone as soon as it came.
Rinya said:
"So what do you think will happen to us if we go in the forest?"
"It's not a matter of what will happen to you. Well, it is, but to me, you're not too important. But I'm getting distracted! It's not what will happen to you. It's what might happen to someone else if you go in, and that's what I'm concerned about. Which is why..." She pauses, and from the darkness around you emerge 5 more little green fey creatures, previously undetected.

[sblock=Khairi, Rinya: ]Looking around, one of the creatures catches your eye and you realize that he's your new best friend. These little fey creatures mean no harm, quite the opposite, you're sure they have nothing but your safety and well-being in mind! You would do well to heed their advice carefully.[/sblock]

[sblock=Saithnar, Richard, Tumna: ]You feel a tingle in your brain, but nothing happens.[/sblock]

The fey girl continues with a smile, "... why you should turn around and not return."

Dungannon

First Post
Lucien watches the exchange in silence for a while, concentrating on their diminutive visitor. Finally, he speaks.

"You've come a long way from home, little one, to give us this message. I think you should tell us exactly what it is you fear will happen if we continue."

ooc: Knowledge: Nature check (1d20+4=21)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar- M Elan Psion(Telepath) 3 (AC:11, HP: 16, PP: 14/17)

sprite said:
Saithnar considers for a moment before speaking to the sprite again. "We thank you for your concern, but our task is of grave importance and we must continue despite the danger. But you say it is not danger to us that concerns you. So who or what is threatened by our coming to the Wyrwood?" His eyes cast about nervously as the other sprites emerge and he feels a renewed tingle course through his head, without effect appearently.

Getting nervous about the worsening odds, he decides to see if he can find out what is going on. With a squinting of his eyes, he tries for the first time to push his way into the mind of another to read their surface thoughts purposefully. With luck, he can find out what is really going on.

OOC: Knowledge:Nature (Untrained- so Int check) (1d20+3=10)
Activate Read Thoughts power (spend 3 PP). Try to angle cone to get multiple sprites if possible while including the lead sprite for sure. They get a DC15 Will save to resist.

Last edited:

Remove ads