Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen - IC

Jack of Tales

First Post
Faris lets out a shriek and dives down upon the nearest reptilian. She folds her wings and lets herself drop, talons first, right toward it.

OOC: You said earlier you would just use the rolls I had made before since they were so delightfully well done.

Arabesu

Faris lets out a shriek and dives down upon the nearest reptilian. She folds her wings and lets herself drop, talons first, right toward it.

Faris streaks through boughs of the forest, able to ignore their obstruction thanks to her woodland stride ability. Slamming into the lieutenant with her claws, she damages him badly. He hisses but does not fall.

OOC: The lizard man Faris attacks has concealment, 20% miss chance due to being in a "jungle" square. Additionally, he has cover from the tree he is hiding behind, but because Faris comes down from above and is charging she just hits... assuming she makes it past the miss chance, so I need a percentage roll from Jack of Tales.

After observing the reptilian thing nearest him trying to hide while being watched, Hightower rumbles toward it with fatal intent. "Pesky scaleys should know better." Whirling "Arcanas Truedeath" out to it's deadly full length low toward its feet for a tripVS Touch AC: (1d20+7=22). Str check: (1d20+17=22) sending the critter sprawling to the ground then arcing the chain back over and raking the spikes over its prone form. Attack Round 2: (1d20+13=24) for 12

OOC: Vertexx69 also needs to roll for concealment to resolve his action, in this case, twice: once for the initial touch attack and once for the actual attack.

OOC [sblock=for Vertexx69]I'm a l little confused by the numbers, but it looks like you had a good round. Your second attack roll doesn't jive with your earlier touch attack. You get an additional +4 to hit from his prone state, so 7 + 4 = 11 not 13. Also, BAB doesn't add to the opposed strength check: Str 5 + size 4 + feat +4 = 13. If you are using expertise for 4, as your AC suggests, then you should have a +5 to hit for the initial touch attack not +7.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arabesu

The lizard-man lieutenant struck by Faris take a step back and fires two arrows. One strikes true (7 damage ) even with the concealment afforded by the forest.

OOC Faris needs to roll two Fort saves, one now and one a minute later.

Although Hightower is able to trip his lizard-man, the his chain scrapes along the side of the tree at the last moment saving him from harm. The lizardfolk, using the tree as cover to protect from Hightower's threat, stands from prone. He then retreat 15 feet while drawing out some wooden tube with a string attached. He seems to be distracted by the voices around him in addition to the threat from Hightower. The cowardly lizard folk looks about for other threats. Suddenly he seems to realize that although the low frond of the jungle still protect him, he has left behind the protection of his large tree; with a look of terror he locks eyes with Hightower.

From within the fog cloud, a low bass hum begins to thrum.

OOC -
[sblock= for Vertexx69 ONLY]Ah, I see were the discrepancy come from. Magebane only applies to "arcane" casters. Rangers are divine, so the enhancement and extra damage does not apply. And I never said that this was a level 4 ranger. He might have a level in an arcane cast though, so in the future, it would be helpful to report the result with and without the contingent affect of magebane so that I don't have to reveal in advance if your target is an arcane caster. I'll go ahead and deduct the 2 from the second attack roll result which gives you a 22 I guess.

No. You do not have cover, he is adjacent to the big-tree and you are not. When you are equidistant then yes you will have cover as well. You do however get the benefits and penalties from occupying a space of jungle terrain.

No. You may not add the tower shield to AC when slung. A slung shield of any kind never provides a bonus.[/sblock]

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
OOC: Can I tell where this low bass rumble is coming from, since I'm in the cloud and thus nearby? Is it coming from where the lizardman was?

Arabesu

[sblock=Rosa ONLY]Yes, it is some sound being generated by the lizard-man. Your impression is that it resonates strongly in you chest and probably carries a long distance. the lieutenant engaged with the druid is screaming in draconic, "coward where are you going? Thats good thinking, Razorscale, we need reinforcements." and when the snake was slain, "Greenfang, No! You can't be dead."[/sblock]

Remove ads