Saris 25
Faris init 19
Hightower init 16
The others (still out of sight until they go...) init 15
Trent init 14
Rosapila init 11
Fenwick init 11
Rattlesnake init 10

OOC: Rosa just went (Rosa has acted 3 times: once in surprise, round 1, and now round 2.)

Oh, I have a question. Can Rosa see the lizardman she is adjacent to? If so, she'll look him over to see how full his quiver seems to be and to see if he's carrying any weapons other than the bow, or anything unusual.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Fenwick Cobwinkle - 26/26hp

Realizing that his friends need him Fenwick whispers to Hoppy "Let's see if we can take out the one in charge, maybe scare off the others"

Going through a relatively simple set of gestures, his small hands moving intricately in the air in front of him, Fenwick draws upon his inborn arcane energy and launches three bolts of pure energy, which weave between and around any obstacles in their way before striking the lizard.

OOC Total Damage 11 Magic Missile (1d4+1=2, 1d4+1=5, 1d4+1=4)

After firing these missiles, Fenwick will try to put himself behind a tree to shield himself from any return fire.

[sblock] Spells Left (Save DC 15 + spell level)
0 - 6; 1st - 6; 2nd - 5 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Arabesu

Between claw and spell, the lieutenant topples backward, stone-cold dead.

As rosa moves through the fog, she can just make out in the haze some leaves and branches shaking off to her left. Realizing that he took an orthogonal route to hers, she can just tell that the lizard-man is a few paces away from her by the displaced fronds, but can't yet see him; the fog provides too much obscurement. He must surely be making large and broad motions to cause such a disturbance in the forest.

Saris sees that the lizard-man that he and Hightower are closing in upon has moved five paces (15 feet) closer to him. At a distance of 45 feet from him now, he could close to point-blank range with a move, but would have to rush to do so, possibly giving his presence away.

Trent realizes that if Hightower gives chase to the fleeing lizardman he will soon be out of range of his aura. Rosa has vanished into the fog bank, so its unclear if she is benefiting or not. Trent knows that if all he want to do was keep Hightower in the range of his aura, he should be able to do so if he focuses upon movement.

Last edited:

Jack of Tales

First Post
OOC: How far away is the fleeing lizardman from me? I can move 50' in a standard move (If within range or able to charge) Faris sprints after the fleeing lizardman and tears into him.
(If not within range of either lizardman...) Faris looks around. While one of the creatures is being pursued by Hightower the other is still obscured in mist. Rather then walk vainly around in the fog looking for it she swiftly changes into her hawk form and flies up into the air (80') and looks around for either the hidden lizardfolk or anything else of interest. But the light reflecting off the fog is so pretty...
Faris wracks her currently tiny bird-brain for anything she can recall about these creatures (Knowledge(Nature): 1d20+10=23). Her current concerns revolve around what numbers they typically cluster together in and perhaps what type of poison they use.

Last edited:

Arabesu

OOC Jack, see my private note to you over in the OOC thread.

Realizing that the fleeing lizard-man is just out of range of a single move and that Hightower seems to have him on the run and in control, Faris takes to the air. Circling above, she notes that the fog seems to be moving and somehow preternaturally quiet, but she can't seem to pinpoint the source. Suspecting that it might be the third lizardman covering his escape, Faris prepares to descend upon him with a furious attack should he exit the safety of the fog.

moritheil

First Post
Inside the bubble of silence, Rosa considers the lizardman's frantic flight. He seems to be in an awful hurry. Not breaking pace, she mentally reviews what she knows of lizardmen.

OOC Knowledge (1d20 5=24)

I just looked at my sheet to see what my Knowledge (local) modifier is, and it says: 1 rank + 3 int. But I have 19 int. It should be 1+4 = 5. Also, other int-based skills seem to have used 3 as the int modifier for some reason. Search lists +10 (7 ranks 3 int).

It looks like some of my skill mods should be a little higher than they are listed. :\ I'll correct my sheet. Sorry!

Last edited:

Arabesu

Faris and Rosa suddenly realize that they are fighting Poison Dusk Lizardfolk, a small (OOC as in size S) but hearty variety that fill the jungles of Q'barra. They tend to rely upon skirmish tactics, preferring an ambush to a straight-up fight. Proficient trackers, they often use poison to first weaken prey and, if it fends them off, hunt it to whatever location it settles to recover. In fact they train with poisons at such an early age that they never fear poisoning themselves. In this region, they rely on poisons distilled from various toadstools that first sap one's strength. Neither Rosa nor Faris is familiar enough to know what the poison's secondary effect might be. Faris knows that they tend to hunt and travel in numbers that are multiples of three, called triads. She also thinks that the signal device seems atypically advanced for these kind, suggesting that they might be coordinating their efforts with smarter humanoids or other sentient creatures. Faris is a bit confused, as she has never heard of any Poison Dusks with the ability to cast obscuring mist, but perhaps this one is a druid as she is. Rosa suspects that they are nearly as competent scouts as she is, particularly able to blend into surroundings thanks to chromatophores in their skin.

Last edited:

Remove ads