Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen - IC

moritheil

First Post
OOC: How far away are those archers from each other? Since you mentioned they became visible for a bit, Rosa would quickly consider whether or not it would be possible to catch at least two with a single spell.

renau1g

First Post
Mustering up all the courage he can, Fenwick reaches deep down into himself and feels that innate energy that comes freely to most gnomes. He directs it to create the sounds of twenty people in heavy armour saying "We've got them now!" "Our ambush worked!" "Charge!", hoping this scares away the unseen attackers and remain hidden.

OOC Ghost Sound - Will save (if applicable) DC17 (including +1 for gnome illusions)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Trent will head to the cover of the brush, using it to provide him some hiding. As long as he can aid the others in their attempt to fend off the arrows, he is sure they can deal with the threats. Perhaps if he had a clear shot, his spear can also take action. Until then though...

Trent's fort save: 18
Fort Save (1d20 5=18)

Vertexx69

First Post
The sting of the arrow in his shoulder draws the warrior's attention from the tiny serpent in the clearing to the reptiles crouching in the brush, but before he can even turn he feels the foreign substance trying to course its way through his veins.

Fort: (1d20+8=24)

But the fire that lives inside him starts boiling it away before it can do any real damage.

Arabesu

Trent and Hightower shake off the toxin for now, but their vision is starting to blur and their stomachs feel quessy. So that although they have sloughed off the initial affects, they can tell that sooner or later the toxin's action will intensify.

Fenwick's ghost sound generates such a ruckus that two of the humanoids seem distracted from trying to hide. The third (OOC who for lack of a better term we refer to as "the lieutenant") shouts something out in his tongue of clicks and whistles, but the other two don't seemed to have noticed his shout. The snake also seems distracted by the noise and now that it can see looks for an opponent.

[sblock=Rosa ONLY]The lieutenant yells in draconic, "Heed not the sounds, they are only an illusion. Continue to harry the brute, but if you get a shot on the hidden mage, take him down."[/sblock]

OOC

moritheil,

The archers are quite spread out, forming an equilateral triangle 50 ft on a side with the heroes at the center, roughly 30 feet from any one archer.

So with the archers 50 ft from one another, I don't know what area affect you are suggesting, but its probably isn't likely to hit more than one unless it covers a large area. Also your friends would be at the epicenter.

Rosa can see all three of them very clearly, although they are nearly as sneaky as she is, sniping imposes a big penalty. Did I mention that they are nearly as sneaky as she is!

Trent, one would have to close an additional 10 feet closer for you to be able to reach them with your spear.

Last edited:

Arabesu

bye bye animal companion

The rattlesnake, doomed to not last longer than it takes for Hightower to flip down his chain, slides forward to try to bite his ankle....

OOC in all likelyhood you will hit it and kill it outright, and even though it got a good roll, because you have expertise for full, it misses anyway. Doomed it is.

Not that it makes a huge difference, but it also provokes an AoO from Rosa as it slides past her as well...

Top of the initiative order once we resolve the AoO.

Saris 25
Faris init 19
Hightower init 16
The others (still out of sight until they go...) init 15
Trent init 14
Rosapila init 11
Fenwick init 11
Rattlesnake init 10

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
"We are surrounded! Regroup and find cover!" yells Rosa. "They're not buying it!" she adds in Gnomish, moving away from the viper and her ally to give him room to work.

Remembering where the archers were, she moves towards the nearest one and gestures. A cloud of dense mist rises around her, cutting off their field of vision and hopefully sparing Hightower a few shots.

OOC If I understand correctly, Obscuring Mist creates a 20' cylinder of cloud that can't be seen through either way.

Rosa won't bother taking the AOO, as she has other things on her mind and doesn't want to give up invisibility just yet. She isn't going to get quite in melee with the archer, but she'll be close - the point is to get in between him and the party and throw up the mist.

Last edited:

Arabesu

OOC Douane, Saris is 100 feet from the center of the clearing, 75 feat from the sniper to the north of the clear. The other two are on the south side and difficult to see. You think you would normally be able to make out the northside sniper, but the distance is just too great; alas you will need to be a bit closer to see him with you particular spot roll. No one seems to see you though as you approach. You must move at half speed due to the jungle, but don't need to reduce your speed any further to avoid the hide/move penalty, so you can get 40 ft closer this round if all you do is move.

To the rest of the players, Douane is in Germany, if I recall, and his action should have little impact on yours, so feel free to skip his action until he posts which might be later tonight.

Douane

First Post
For just a moment Saris considers making the shot before he lowers the bow again, cursing his ill knowledge of this jungle. Silently he follows the path the branches show towards his target, drawing ever closer.

OoC: Two move actions for 40 foot of distance.

Vertexx69

First Post
Hightower, Goliath Barb2 Fighter2, 29/37HP, AC 20/24, touch 15 (uncanny dodge)

Even as the the serpent darts forward with fangs plinking off of his steel leg-guards, a coil of the blackened spiked chain arcs down toward it with the slightest wrist flick from Hightower (AoO, as he doesn't move adjecent to mobs willingly) AoO vs Snake: (1d20+5=24) for 2d6+7=16

Next Round:
[sblock=OOC]If the nearest archer is gaining cover from me then I should have cover from him as well :)
No combat expertise this round.
Does having my shield slung on my back protect me from rear attacks (tower shield)?
If these critters have "any" spell-like abilities then my mage-slayer weapon ability (+2enh +2d6dmg) applies.[/sblock]
After observing the reptilian thing nearest him trying to hide while being watched, Hightower rumbles toward it with fatal intent. "Pesky scaleys should know better." Whirling "Arcanas Truedeath" out to it's deadly full length low toward its feet for a tripVS Touch AC: (1d20+7=22). Str check: (1d20+13=18) sending the critter sprawling to the ground then arcing the chain back over and raking the spikes over its prone form. Attack Round 2: (1d20+13=24) for 12

Last edited:

Remove ads