Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Should rustblade apply to shield bash attacks?

Environment: Underground?

Organization: Solitary or x (Maramet plus xdx spectres and xdx wraiths)

Challenge Rating: 20? He's CR 18 from fighter levels, and seems about on par with having the vampire template applied (+2 CR).

Maramet is 6 feet tall and weighs x pounds.

Maramet speaks Common and x.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Well, I guess the shield counts as a weapon for that purpose, so probably yes.

Yes.

honor guard? 2d6 spectres and 1d4 dread wraiths?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Agreed to the rustblade carrying over to the shield bash, and to the honor guard of spectres and dread wraiths.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

I realized I'd forgotten the disease. Does that look OK?

Challenge Rating: 20? He's CR 18 from fighter levels, and seems about on par with having the vampire template applied (+2 CR).

Maramet is 6 feet tall and weighs 175 pounds?

Maramet speaks Common and Draconic?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
The hit points are still bugging me. Although he's got a great AC, his hit points are ridiculously low for a CR 20. Give him unholy toughness, and he'll get better, but it'll still be something of a glass cannon.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Give him unholy toughness and go for CR 18 or 19? We can just go with the theory that PC classes are over-CR-ed in core 3.5.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Rather than mess with the (even flawed) CR system, let's just beef him up enough to warrant his CR.

In addition to unholy toughness, how about giving him damage reduction 15/bludgeoning and magic like a lich or death knight, immunity to cold like those two, spell resistance 13 + 1 per character level like a sketal warrior, and vampire bonus feats (Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, and Lightning Reflexes)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads