Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Assuming he ends up around CR 19 (that's only +1 over his fighter levels), he'd have 170,000 gp in NPC wealth.

+2 shocking burst longsword costs 32,315. That leaves 137,685 gp to spend on armor and shield.

The absorbing shield is 50,170 gp. That would leave 87,515 for armor. A +1 breastplate is only 1,350 gp, so we'd still have 86,165 for additional properties. That could be greater energy resistance of one type plus standard of a second type, or improved energy resistance of two types.

That's all assuming I didn't misinterpret the rules or mess up my math. ;)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Or we could give him more flat magical plusses on that armor, a ring of protection, an amulet of natural armor, etc. An 18th level fighter with his AC in the mid-20s is going to get destroyed immediately in melee combat.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Ok, we've got plenty of room then. These higher CR NPC-type monsters always give me trouble.

I'd missed the absorbing shield in the SRD, that's a great idea!

How about +5 improved X resistance breastplate?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Combat Expertise, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack

Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved TWF, Improved Shield Bash

Improved Initiative, Improved Critical (longsword)

Power Attack, Cleave, Improved Sunder

Lightning Reflexes

Weapon Focus (longsword), Weapon Specialization (longsword), Greater Weapon Focus (longsword)

I'd be okay dropping either Cleave or Lightning Reflexes (but I'd prefer Cleave) for Greater Weapon Spec.

Too bad we can't give it PHB 2 feats like Melee Weapon Mastery and Weapon Supremacy...

Shade

Monster Junkie
I love it! Shall we swap out the absorbing shield for a +5 bashing shield to really maximize the benefit of those feats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads