Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
18th level fighter, 18HD, and let's bump those abilities. Str 24, Dex 18, Con -, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 17?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Added to Homebrews.

Suggested writeups of the positive energy resistance and improved turn resistance abilities?

Magic longsword? In addition to spreading disease, should we have it function as a rusting grasp if used to sunder?

freyar

Can we just do resistance X positive energy? As for improved turning resistance, I'm not sure if I favor just big turning resistance, immunity to turning, or something unique.

Agreed to those suggestions on the sword. Unique magic item or an inherent property of Maramet?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Inherent property of Maramet, I think, and I like the suggestion. We can do resistance positive energy 10 or 20 in addition to mad turn resistance.

freyar

How about resistance 15? +6 turn resistance? Seems like a decent approximation of the original ability.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Sounds good.

Modifying from the rust monster...

Rustblade (Su): Any weapon wielded by Maramet takes on a rusted appearance. If Maramet makes a successful touch attack with this weapon aganist a metal object, it causes the target metal to corrode, falling to pieces and becoming useless immediately. This can destroy up to a 10-foot cube of metal instantly. Magic armor and weapons, and other magic items made of metal, must succeed on a DC x Reflex save or be dissolved. The save DC is Charisma-based and includes a +4 racial bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads