Move: 120' (40')
Attacks: 1
Damage: 3-10 sword*
No. Appearing: 1
Save As: F10*
Morale: 12
Alignment: N (C)
XP Value: 2,000

Similar to a zombie, but with some of the characteristics of a revenant, this entity is the undead remains of Vestland’s last High King, Maramet. In this scenario his body has been animated by the high priest of Gyl Erid, Axemines, and he functions as a guardian of the Eridian crypt at the island castle.
In melee Maramet will attack as a fighter, level 10. His sword inflicts 3-10 points of damage but victims must save vs. poison or contract lethal blood-poisoning from the rusted blade.

As an undead entity the king cannot be turned by a cleric of less than 10 experience levels, and only then as a revenant. If he is turned, Maramet will get a save vs. spell. If he saves, as a 10th-level fighter, he will be immune to the turning command.

Once slain, the entity will not rise again. The after-death slaying of this horror liberates the spirit of the sorrowful King.

Note: In this scenario Maramet will call upon a number of other undead entities (spectres and wraiths) to assist him with his guardianship of the crypt.

Originally appeared in X13 - Crown of Ancient Glory (1987).

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Well, first question, should we make him a unique critter or a monster? In the second case, I'd go for a template, I think.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Unique creature. Fighter bonus feats, disease on the sword attack, positive energy resistance and improved turn resistance.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I can go with all that, but I think I'm missing the positive energy resistance in the original text.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
He's super-resistant to turning. I think positive energy resistance is a good way to incorporate all of those abilities.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Stick with 10 HD? Assume he was a 10th-level fighter in life for purposes of feats?

Assuming that, Str 20, Dex 16, Con -, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 17?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
10 HD is a little... underwhelming for a unique undead. Especially since 10th level was more difficult to attain in 1e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads