Pinnacle's Forgotten Forge, etc. OoC

renau1g

First Post
Just wanted to put an update in, hopefully it helps Pinnacle.

Posted:
Storm - Shifter Ranger - renau1g
Raysuldra Icewind - Human Barbarian - greenstar
Kyria d'Orien - Human Rogue - Covaithe
Alex - Half-Giant Warrior - GammaPaladin
WJR-45 - Warforged Fighter - Goddess FallenAngel
Jaren Hallad - Halfling Druid - Redclaw

Proposed:
TBD - Elven Sorceress - pathfinderq1
TBD - Half-Ogre - bedford

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
All right, new concept ready to go:
Jaren Hallad, Talenta halfling druid.

Jaren is a true child of the plains, never as comfortable or happy as when he was with the herds of dinosaurs that his people depend upon for mounts and food. He found a strong affinity for the animals at a very young age and would often sneak away from other responsibilities to watch, and later ride, the wild animals. A mysterious hermit, actually a druid, took him under her wing when she saw him riding a wild clawfoot. She showed him that his connection to the dinosaurs of the plains was just the start of what he could accomplish in time, making a lifeling convert of him when she showed him her ability to change her shape into that of a glidewing.

Jaren studied with Yuliena for several years, growing in his connection to the plains and his understanding of druidic magic. His lessons came to a tragic end when Yuliena was killed while trying to defend a herd of Fastieth from an airship (something Jaren had heard of but never seen). He knew little of what had led to the arrival of the airship, but he knew that he needed to figure things out in order to prevent further harm to the herds (having embraced the natural quality of death, he felt no need to avenge his mentor).

As a result of the battle that cost her life, he discovered a few clues to the identities of those on the airship when he searched Yuliena's body, and he followed those clues to Morgrave University. He has just brought the pleas of his people, backed up with the wisdom of his druidic studies, to those in charge of the university's Dino-studies department. Whether his words will alter their practices has yet to be seen.

For now, he is planning to head back to the plains and his people, although he is curious about other areas of the world and the mysteries and beauties of nature that he might discover.

[sblock=Pinnacle] I'm thinking about going with the Spontaneous Rejuvenation class feature from PHB II. Would that work for you? [/sblock]

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Jaren Hallad
[B]Class:[/B] Druid
[B]Race:[/B] Halfling (Talenta)
[B]Size:[/B] Small
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral Good
[B]Deity:[/B] Balinor

[B]Str:[/B] 12 +1 (6p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 (4p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 10 (1d8+2)
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +1     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] NA
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 (2p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] NA
[B]Wis:[/B] 15 +2 (8p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -X         [B]Spell Fail:[/B]0%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +2    +0    +2    +1    +0   +0    15
[B]Touch:[/B] 13              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 13

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]          11          2    +2    +1    16
[B]Ref:[/B]           11          0    +2    +1    14
[B]Will:[/B]          11          2    +2    +1    16         +2 vs. fear

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Shortspear                 +2     1d4+1        x2
Dagger                     +2     1d3+1     19-20x2
Sling                      +4     1d3+1       x2                   50’

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Halfling, Druidic

[B]Abilities:[/B] Spontaneous Rejuvenation (PHB II), Wild Empathy, Animal Companion, Focused Animal

[B]Feats:[/B] Animal Affinity

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 36       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 9/4.5
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Climb                     0    +2    +2    +4
Handle Animal             4    +2    +2    +8
Hide                      0    +2    +4    +6
Jump                      0    +2    +2    +4
Knowledge (Nature)        4    +0    +2    +6
Listen                    0    +2    +2    +4
Move Silently             0    +2    +2    +4
Ride                      4    +2    +2    +8
Survival                  4    +2    +2    +8

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Dagger                    2gp   0.5lb
Sling                     0gp   --
20 bullets                2sp   5lb
Shortspear                1gp  1.5lb
Leather Armor            10gp  7.5lb
Saddle, riding           10gp  12.5lb*
Saddlebags                4gp   4lb*
Holly and Misteltoe          ---   ---
Spell Component Pouch     5gp    2lb
Waterskin                 1gp    1lb
Explorer’s Outfit  

[B]Total Weight:[/B]17.5lb      [B]Money:[/B] 16gp 8sp 0cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                32    64   96   192   480

[B]Age:[/B] 32
[B]Height:[/B] 3'4"
[B]Weight:[/B] 37lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] Black
[B]Skin:[/B] Weathered
[/sblock]

[sblock=Greenbeak, Fastieth Dinosaur Companion]
Medium Animal
Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (4d8+4)
Initiative: +1 (+2)
Speed: 50'
Armor Class: 14 (17) (+1 (+2)Dex, +3 (+5)natural) Touch 11 (12), Flat-footed 13 (15)
BAB/Grapple: +1/+3 (+3/+6)
Attack: Bite -2 (+1) (1d3+1) (1d3+2)
Full Attack: Bite -2 (+1) (1d3+1) (1d3+2)
Space/Reach: 5'/5'
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent, evasion
Defenses: Fort 15 (16), Ref 15 (17), Will 11 (12)
Abilities: str 15 (16), dex 13 (14), con 12, int 2, wis 11, cha 4
Skills: jump +11, Listen +6, Spot +6
Feats: Run
Tricks: Come, Heel, Stay, Defend, Work, Attack
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Hmmm.... this could be interesting. We could possibly have a druid, barbarian, & ranger in an adventure set in the world's largest city. Interesting.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Here is an expanded version of my character pitch- Aesha Brook-song, fey-born elf beguiler and warlock-to-be. It is all set, except for equipment-related issues- if she gets picked I'll put those details together.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Aesha Brook-song

[B]Class:[/B] Beguiler 1 	[b]Starting Level[/b]: 1

[B]Race:[/B] Elf (Khorvaire/high elf)

[B]Region of Origin:[/b]: Eldeen Reaches

[B]Size:[/B] medium

[B]Gender:[/B] female

[B]Alignment:[/B] CG

[B]Action Points:[/B] 5

[B]Deity:[/B] druidism (not terribly religious) 

[B]Str:[/B] 8 (-1)(0 p.)	[B]Level:[/B] 1	[B]XP[/B]: 0

[B]Dex:[/B] 14 (+2)(4 p. +2 racial)	[B]BAB:[/B] +0		[B]HP:[/B] 7 (1d6+1)

[B]Con:[/B] 12 (+1)(6 p. –2 racial)	[B]Grapple:[/B] -1	[B]Craft Points:[/B] n/a

[B]Int:[/B] 16 (+3)(10 p.)	[B]Speed:[/B] 30'	[B]Stat Increases:[/b] none yet

[B]Wis:[/B] 14 (+2)(6 p.)	[B]Init:[/B] +2	            [B]Spell Save:[/B] n/a

[B]Cha:[/B] 14 (+2)(6 p.)	[B]ACP:[/B] -0		[B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]	Base	Armor	Shld	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc	Total[/B]

[B]Armor:[/B]	10	+0	+0	+2	+0	+0	+0	12

[B]Touch:[/B]	12	[B]Flatfooted:[/B] 10
[B]Notes:[/B] AC +4 with Mage Armor; AC 16, t16, ff 14

[B]Spell Res:[/B] Immune to magical sleep spells/effects

[B]Dmg Red:[/B] None

[B]	Total	Base	Mod	Misc[/B]

[B]Fort:[/B]	+1	+0	+1	--

[B]Ref:[/B]	+2	+0	+2	+X

[B]Will:[/B]	+4	+2	+2	--

[B]Notes:[/B] +2 racial and +3 feat bonus vs. Enchantment spells or effects (Will +9 total)

[B]Weapon			Attack	Damage	Critical	Range[/B]

short bow		+2	1d6-1   	20/x3	            60 feet increment

dagger  		-1	1d4-1   	XX-XX/xX	XXX ft

XXXXXXXX		+X	XdX+X	XX-XX/xX	XXX ft

[B]Notes:[/B]

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Sylvan, Orcish, +Giant, +Draconic

[B]Abilities:[/B] +2 DEX/-2 CON; Immune to magical sleep; +2 to saves vs. Enchantment spells/effects; Low-light vision; racial weapon proficiencies (long sowrd, rapier, short bow, long bow); +2 bonus to Listen, Search, and Spot rolls and can make an automatic Search check when passing within 5 feet of a secret door; Armored mage (light), trapfinding, 

[B]Feats: [/B] Fey heritage (level 1)

[B]Spells available[/B] (Save DC 13 + spell level; Beguiler 1): 0th - 5; 1st - 4

[B]Spell-Like/Psi-like Abilities:[/B] none yet

[B]Skill Points:[/B] XX	[B]Max Ranks:[/B] X/X

[B]Skills		Total	Ranks	Mod 	Misc[/B]

Bluff              	+6	4r	+2	--

Concentration	+5	4r	+1	--

Diplomacy	+3	1r	+2	XX

Intimidate	+4	2r	+2	XX

Knowledge- arcana  +7   4r    +3

Knowledge- local (Eldeen Reaches)  +5  2r +3

Knowledge- nature   +4     1r (cc)    +3

Knowledge- the planes  +4    1r (cc)   +3

Listen              +5     1r           +2       +2

Search             +7      2r    +3   +2

Sense motive      +4       2r   +2

Speak language     +2        2r      +n/a

Spellcraft             +7         4r      +3

Spot             +4            0r       +2          +2

Survival (cc)      +3          1r (cc)       +2

Use magical device      +4       2r      +2

[B]Notes:[/B]

[B]Equipment:		Cost	Weight[/B]

XXXXXXXX		XXgp	XXlb

XXXXXXXX		XXgp	XXlb

XXXXXXXX		XXgp	XXlb

XXXXXXXX		XXgp	XXlb

XXXXXXXX		XXgp	XXlb

XXXXXXXX		XXgp	XXlb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]XXXlb	[B]Money:[/B] XXXgp Xsp Xcp

[B]		Lgt	Med	Hvy	Lift	Push[/B]

[B]Max Weight:[/B]	XXX	XXX	XXX	XXX	XXX

[B]Age:[/B] 121 years

[B]Height:[/B] 4’10”

[B]Weight:[/B] 95 lbs

[B]Eyes:[/B] Green

[B]Hair:[/B] Red-gold

[B]Skin:[/B] pale

Appearance: Aesha is a slender young elven woman- with her pale skin, brilliant green eyes, and finely-formed features, she has an exotic, almost ethereal look about her. She is quite attractive, certainly, but there is an undefinable strangeness to her as well, something which prevents her from being simply beautiful. Her voice is musical and light, well-matched to her outward appearance. She tends to prefer light, flowing garments with floral or astrological patterns.

Personality:Aesha is a bit of a dilletante at heart- she tends to flit from interest to interest in some random pattern; only matters of the arcane have managed to hold her attention for any length of time- in fact, magic in all its forms is fascinating to her. She is curious and adventurous by nature, and prone to turbulent swings of emotion (as one might expect for one of fey blood).

Background: Many years ago, before the Last War began, an elven sorceress left her family within Valenar and set out to explore the world. A powerful mage and an incredibly curious woman, she wandered far and wide, and had many adventures. After years of travel, she settled deep within the Eldeen Reaches, where she spent her time in contemplation of arcane matters and occasional exploration of other planes. As it happened, she spent perhaps a bit too much time among the faerie court of Thelannis, for when she returned to the mortal world she found that she was pregnant. In truth the sorceress had little interest in raising her daughter- before the girl was a year old, her mother had placed her in the care of a Greensinger band. It is rumored that she then returned to Thelannis for good- but whatever the case, she was never seen again. Her daughter grew up slowly, as all elves do- from the first she displayed an aptitude for magic, and her adoptive parents among the Greensingers did their best to encourage that gift. But she had little talent for the druidic traditions, and in time the Greensingers decided to send her out in the world to learn its ways and mysteries for herself. While she was sad to leave her forest home, wanderlust and curiousity outweighed her sadness, and she set forth- into a world greatly changed by war, far different from the one her mother had left. Rumors and visions that the elders had collected pointed her towards the city of Sharn- there, it was said, she would begin to discover the keys to her own destiny.

Pinnacle

First Post
bedford said:
I would like to play a half ogre. using the rules from savage species it is + 1 la. would that be ok?
Sorry, I overlooked this post. I think I'm going to say no to the half-ogre, mostly because I'm not familiar with it.

pathfinderq1: Aesha looks fine so far.

[sblock=Redclaw]Jaren's flat-footed AC is a point too high. He gets his halfling bonus to attack and his Str bonus to damage with a sling, so both should be a point higher.
Spontaneous Rejuvenation is fine, but what are you doing if you aren't using Shapeshift?[/sblock]

There's enough interest here that I'm going to close recruiting to anyone who hasn't posted in this thread already. Most of you are done with character creation, so we should be able to get started soon.

Redclaw

First Post
Thanks for the notes, Pinnacle. Adjustments made.

I'm not sure what you're asking as far as the shapeshifting goes. Spontaneous Rejuvenation replaces the ability to convert spells into summon nature's ally. Jaren would still get wild shape when he got up in level.

If you're asking about his role in combat in general, I would have to say that he's not going to be a major factor at this point. He'll do his 3 points of sling damage per round, or aid his companions by attempting to distract their opponents, and he'll use his enhanced speed thanks to Greenbeak to maneuver around enemies and get to important targets. Like any low-level spellcaster he'll have one or two useful tricks per day, and he'll try to patch everyone's wounds when possible.

Pinnacle said:
There's enough interest here that I'm going to close recruiting to anyone who hasn't posted in this thread already. Most of you are done with character creation, so we should be able to get started soon.

Out of curiosity, are you planning on everyone playing, or are you picking a certain number of characters from the ones posted? :)

Pinnacle

First Post
I said I was looking for six characters, but if there are only seven applicants I wouldn't leave out just one of you.

Redclaw: From my first post
Pinnacle said:
No wildshape, for a number of reasons. I suggest the Shapeshift variant from the PHB II which has the same flavor as wildshape, from level 1 and with far simpler mechanics.
I asked because Shapeshift starts at first level and you didn't seem to be using it, but I don't know of any other variants that allow for taking the form of a glidewing.

Redclaw

First Post
Pinnacle said:
Redclaw: From my first post

I asked because Shapeshift starts at first level and you didn't seem to be using it, but I don't know of any other variants that allow for taking the form of a glidewing.

Yeah, I didn't notice that, as I wasn't thinking druid when I read the initial post.

Hmm. My animal companion is a pretty big part of my concept for the character, so I'd rather not give him up. Maybe we could come up with a different substitution for wild shape. My first thought is the scout's skirmish ability, starting at 5th level and increasing at even levels after that, resulting in being 3 levels behind the scout in that progression. It seems like a good fit for a halfling druid.

Last edited:

Pinnacle

First Post
There are some other druid variants in Unearthed Arcana (and the SRD) if you wanted some other ideas. But a weakened skirmish progression sounds good as well.

Now, on reading through this thread and actually counting posters, I noticed something about those players that I was waiting on that proposed something but hadn't submitted characters yet. There aren't any.
I must just be seeing things. *Slaps self*

So the party shall be:
Storm (renau1g)
Raysuldra (greenstar)
Kyria (covaithe)
Aesha (pathfinderq1)
Watcher (Goddess FallenAngel)
Alex (GammaPaladin)
Jaren (Redclaw)

I'll have links for you soon-ish.

Remove ads