Pinnacle's Forgotten Forge, etc. OoC

renau1g

First Post
Yeah.... 17 dmg as a first level character (Not critical either) je m'appelle impressed. My 1d8 dmg is looking pretty weak right about now.

GammaPaladin

First Post
Yeah, I was a little shocked at the damage... But then again... I got a really lucky roll (11 on 2d6) and I suppose Half-Giants have a LA+1 for a reason. My whole 10 HP and studded leather aren't exactly making me feel safe though, and his dex isn't exactly stellar, as reflected by his position in the turn order.

He's basically exactly what I built him to be... A bruiser. But like I said, still surprised at my damage... Was 1 point shy of his max. I almost rerolled it just because I was thinking "Nobody's going to believe I hit for that much damage on the first round of the first combat with a brand new level one..."

Just glad Cutter survived. Would have been a tad anticlimactic... Although I suppose it would have been a good opportunity for Alex to throw out some witty insults. ;)

Pinnacle

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Pinnacle - I'm assuming you want those of us who were not able to act in the surprise round to wait until this round resolves? :)
I'd definitely prefer if players only post one action at a time, but they don't have to be in order.
As for surprise rounds.. it's probably a little easier for me if you do, but it doesn't make too much difference.

For Watcher's (or Raysuldra's, or any one else who gets some) DR, I'll try to remember to account for it, but I'll always note that I did. So, if I just put (5 damage) instead of (5-2=3 damage), that means that I overlooked his DR.

GammaPaladin said:
Just glad Cutter survived. Would have been a tad anticlimactic... Although I suppose it would have been a good opportunity for Alex to throw out some witty insults. ;)
That happened in greenstar's Forgotten Forge, actually. It would have happened here, but I gave Cutter an extra level to help make her a little better of a challenge for the larger party.

GammaPaladin

First Post
Kinda figured, woulda been scared of a first level character that can suck up a 17 point hit lol. I looked at the roll invisiblecastle gave me and just thought "Well, that was a short fight...".

Considering all the fighters in the group, was probably a good idea to buff her.

We just all have to be careful, one bad roll can be death for us little level 1's ;)

renau1g

First Post
Yeah.... it's hard to put 1 character against a group, especially at level 1 because if they're too strong they'll hit k.o. all the PC's and too strong and they go down quick. I've read through this adventure in the past when I got the ECS book (I've tried not to metagame) and thought that this first fight wouldn't be any challenge to almost any group.

I don't think it's necessarily supposed to be too much of a challenge, by how it's written in the module (I've played through it before), and it always struck me as somewhat anticlimatic. I actually saw GammaPaladin's damage and thought, "Well, that was a short fight." too. ;) I'm actually kinda glad at the little extra buffing.

I just wish GammaPaladin hadn't stolen all InvisibleCastle's luck. :D

Remove ads