Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

J. Alexander

First Post
Incarcerated Sailor

"A most distribuing set of events for sure...perhaps we can salvage things somewhat" Michael says while thinking to himself...."CRAP"......He will then make sure the sailor is comfortable and stop outside breifly to thank the watch lieutiant etc for taking care of the dwarf and seeing that his wounds were addressed. He will then ask for the name of the prosecutor and how he may go about getting an appointment with him..

Scotley

Hero
The prosecutor can be found at the Hall of Justicar's which is only a block away. One Pippin Curlytoes can be found there and would be willing to give you a few minutes according to his rotund apple cheeked secretary.

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael will await the pleasure of the proescutor and when he see's him will introduce himself and make polite. As the conversation turns to the matter at hand Michael will inquire as to bail, the timing of a trial as he wishes to hire invesitgators to get witness statments etc...as there seems to be a lot of confusion about the incident and he would like to know more about it before he spends a ton of money on defending the dwarf. "But if there is doubt or a substaninted course of events then we will be requesting a trial date that will allow us time to further investigate the incident"

Scotley

Hero
"Well Captain, I must tell you that in the case of outlander sailors, judges usually set the bail fairly high when they grant it at all. Since this is not a case of murder you might get, bail, but it could be substantial. I fail to see much ambiguity in this case. When a courier in the course of his duty is attacked in the streets it is obvious that theft is the motive. The man was wearing his uniform, making it obvious to anyone that he was a courier. Hire your investigators if you must, but I think you'd be better off to have the lout throw himself on the mercy of the court and take his just deserts. I realize this dwarf of yours must not be too bright, he admitted attacking officers in the just commission of their duty. Why fight the police unless he'd done something wrong." The little fellow is a bit heated by the end.

OOC: Make a sense motive check.

J. Alexander

First Post
"You are quite right quite right indeed if all is as it has been presneted...but lets just say until all the proof and statements are in then well it would be most ungenerious of me as his captain to not at least help in his defense"

Sense Motive- 21

Scotley

Hero
Michael suspects the man is ruffled because he didn't expect anyone to fight this case too hard. He certainly did not expect to have to counter the testimony of outside investigators. He will have to work much harder than he planned to get a conviction in this case.

J. Alexander

First Post
"Everything aside though..could you tell me if it is possible that an uninformed sailor could not have known what couriers dressed like and that given the racial entimity bewteen the two that when insults were exchanged that anger etc overtook common sense"

Scotley

Hero
"Such a thing might be possible if the dwarf were a complete imbecile I suppose. Is that to be your defense, this dwarf is not of sound mind?"

J. Alexander

First Post
Smiling Michael says "Oh heavens no...i have no idea what his defense will be until I decide if it is worth the effort to defend..and only a laywer can tell me that based upon the criminal compliant filed by your office and what is found in discovery"

Remove ads