Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

J. Alexander

First Post
"Well my lead attroney Mr (i cant think of his name) is currently working on another project for me so I imagine I will have to avail myself of one of your best defense attroney's here...that is if they are willing to take the case"

Scotley

Hero
"Every man, or dwarf in this case, is entitled to a good defense. I expect you'll have no trouble finding a competent defense attorney to take the case. I further expect they'll give you the same advice I did. Tell you man to admit his guilt and ask for mercy from the court." He clasps his hands in front on himself on his desk. "We are not cold hearted here. I would be willing to accept a reasonable sentence if this dwarf doesn't have a history of criminal behavior."

J. Alexander

First Post
'Well then perhaps if you would think about what a reasonable fine in liew of a sentence plus probation would be necessary..i can talk with him and see if we can make an arrangement..it after all would spare us both time..a lengthy trial and all the paperwork and potiential problmes that having investiagators look into the matter are sure to bring" Michael replies

Scotley

Hero
"This is a serious charge. I don't know that I could agree to no jail time on such a matter. Hard labor is typical in such cases here..."

J. Alexander

First Post
"Oh i totally understand i guess i was hoping for perhaps something that was indeed impossible..i do appreciate your time and candor in this matter but it seems that since what i was hoping for can not come to pass I must be about engaging an attroney and hiring investigators and wasting lots of coin..I do once gain thank you for your time.." Michael will then stand up and offer the man his hand.

J. Alexander

First Post
"Do you perhaps see another alternative...i so do hate to waste good coin...and I know my crew they will expect me to spend what ever is necessary to defend him.......the bane of being a good captain i suppose"

Scotley

Hero
"Well, if this ignorant dwarf of your were willing to admit his guilt to a somewhat reduced slate of charges it would save the local government the time and expense of a trial. He has already served one day in jail and there would have to be probation, exile from Crosscroft and a substantial fine..."

Remove ads