Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

J. Alexander

First Post
"Well assuming that the fine would not be that excessive...i do know that the cost of a good defense will run around 1000 gold...so if we are anywhere close..i feel it proably would be more than acceptable...and of course presuming that he can dock here just not set foot on the islands...."

OCC:any work on the constables game.?

Scotley

Hero
"Quite right, any exile would not apply to ships in port only to making land fall, I believe we can agree the precedent in Imperial law as long established that. Hmmm, a thousand you say? That might be adequate is a base fine. However, we'd have to consider the medical expenses, not only did we pay to heal your man, but the courier and several officers sustained injury as well. If the fellow were to make a donation to the local temple that would go a long way with the judge."

J. Alexander

First Post
After a moments thought Michael will say..."I would think doubling the base amount of the fine to say 2000 gold would be more than adequet...anything more and it would come close to the cost of an attroney to litigate..."

Scotley

Hero
"I believe such a good faith donation will go far with the judge. We'll keep your dwarf overnight and present this deal to the judge first thing in the morning. It is posible that Furguson and Laclin, the orc's employer may make waves. I think it might be necessary for you to have a talk with their legal department as well just to make sure they don't protest the deal."

Scotley

Hero
Furguson and Laclin is a new firm, the furniture is new, the building is new, it even still smells of fresh paint. However, they have taken considerable effort to make the place look old and reliable. A halfling secretary takes you to a small conference room where a pair of oily young lawyers in expensive suits brace you. "So Captain, what brings you to Furguson and Laclin this afternoon."

J. Alexander

First Post
"I am the Captain of the dwarf currently being held on rather debatable charges. I was talking with the Prosecuting Attroney and he suggested I should drop by and see if an arrangement can be made before I am forced bring in legal council and spend untold sums of money defending a member of my crew. It is my belive that a sad misundersanding occured and I hope it can be resolved before we have to drag everything thru the court systems with private investigators, attroney and sworn statements" pausing he adds
"all that is time consuming and costly when perhaps more reasonable minds could reach a mutualy acceptable compromise.

Remove ads