Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
The lawyers exchange a glance suggesting that they might enjoy the challenge of this case. However, one of them asks, "what did you have in mind?" The other looks more thoughtful, "So the prosecutor is thinking of plea bargaining this one down?"

Scotley

Hero
They frown, obviously not expecting this turn of events. The glance at each other then fix Michael with a hard stare. Finally, the one on the left breaks, "what's your offer..."

J. Alexander

First Post
"Now that is a good question....I feel as long as it is reasonable all parties may well agree just to keep it from dragging out for months and months and bringing up all the investigative reports..character witnessess etc that a trial will certainly entail.......I think 100 gold in compensation to the aggrived party plus an additionaly 1000 to his employer to help defray any legal expenses would be justifed in my p and l......as it would put me just a little over 3500 gold in costs...anything other and I may as well just litigate it as they cost would be about the same...

Scotley

Hero
OOC: You almost had them until you suggested to a couple of lawyers that there might be 3500 gp worth of legal work to be done... :lol: Roll a diplomacy check, or maybe bluff which ever is better.

Scotley

Hero
The two lawyers engage in a brief staring contest, but the battle hardened captain has stared death in the face too many times to be challenged by a pair of overdressed chair warmers. Finally the glance down and then at each other. One rallies just enough to suggest weakly, "Um, I think a 110 for the agreeved party and 1100 for the employer would be sufficient." The other can only manage a nod.

J. Alexander

First Post
lawers

Excellent..we have terms then..Michael says....taking a draft from his pocket Michael will write out a drat to the firm in the amont they suggested then add two hundred to it..and hand it to them

Scotley

Hero
The lawyers are left feeling they've been cheated but getting more than they asked for and thus with no course of action, Michael departs. If all goes as planned, the dwarven crewman should be released fairly early tomorrow.

OOC: Back to the ship? Something else?

J. Alexander

First Post
Back to the Ship

Having set in motion the wheels to free his creman....MIchael will shop his way back to the ship trying to pick up a vast array of small items that could go over wel with tribemen etc as he makes his way north

Remove ads