Keep on the Shadowfell character sheet scans

parcival42

First Post
phil500 said:
I have a question about dwarves- what does it mean that they can use an action point as a minor action? how is that different from other races?

I don't see anything about the dwarf fighter being able to use an action point as a minor action. They're a free action to use anyway. Did you perhaps mean the ability to use his second wind as a minor action? A very useful ability since using it not only gives you HPs back, but also gives you bonuses to your defense for a round!

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
SaffroN said:
I read that as, "You interrupt the triggering action upon a hit." I may be wrong (I probably am)
An "immediate interrupt" goes before the triggering action, but the triggerer can still take his action after the interrupt (if he's still alive, anyway). Plus, characters get only a single immediate interrupt per round.

The change to Combat Superiority is what makes the fighter in KotSF less sticky: In the D&D XP version, a successful AoO triggered by movement makes the mover stop. In this version, it's just a +2 to AoOs.

Cadfan

First Post
Random Thoughts

1. Expeditious Retreat is actually good for retreating now, instead of being an all purpose speed boost.

2. Unstoppable is great.

3. The pictures don't match the pregen characters. Example: If you're describing a dragonborn paladin with lots of armor, a sword and a shield, he shouldn't be lightly armored and carrying an ax in his picture. This bugs me, but isn't a deal breaker.

4. There's still some stuff going on with bonuses that I can't track. The Paladin, for example, is attacking with Str. I thought that was Cha. But obviously I'm just inferring anyways.

5. The rogue is really, really maneuverable, and all his at wills work with both melee and ranged attacks. Interesting. I'd love to make a rogue who swims through the enemy line like its not even an impediment. Looks like Halfling is the way to do that.

krocha

First Post
Where does the Dragonborn Paladin's +7 to attack with longsword come from?

I figure +4 for Str, and +2 for proficient with longsword so where is the extra +1 coming from? Am I missing something? Are longswords +3 for proficient instead of +2?

parcival42

First Post
krocha said:
Where does the Dragonborn Paladin's +7 to attack with longsword come from?

I figure +4 for Str, and +2 for proficient with longsword so where is the extra +1 coming from? Am I missing something? Are longswords +3 for proficient instead of +2?

I was wondering the same thing.

Also, the rogue powers all have him at +8 to hit and +4 to damage, regardless of if he attacks in melee or at range. This is contradictory to the numbers given for his melee basic attack.

Lurker59

First Post
In the rogue's case dex modifier is used for at-will, enc, and daily attacks(+4) though str must be used for basic melee attacks. The dagger is a Prof 3 weapon and rogues have +1 to hit with daggers so the rogue is +8 to hit and +4 to damage on most attacks at level 1.

Zelc

First Post
I must be totally missing something. Why does the Human Wizard have 2 Dailies at level 1? Is this just a Wizard class feature?

Remove ads