PFRPG Alpha - Rise of the Runelords AP

Bialaska

First Post
Shayuri said:
Hee hee

I will post it, I swear. I've been grappling with windmage vs feymage...they are both so appealing.

In terms of raw party dynamics, they are different. Windmage is more of a blaster sort, feymage is more illusions and trickery...versatile, but probably not dealing mass damage blasties.

Play what you'd like the most of those two. Don't concern yourself about how much damage they do or anything, I think we'll deal enough damage even if you're not a wind sorcerer. It's not like this is an exercise in power gaming or twinking, otherwise I would definitely have made my character differently, probably even a different class.

Shayuri

First Post
Oh, I'm not -worried- about damage. If I was, I'd play Windy, no questions asked.

I'm just trying to decide which role I am more drawn to. :)

jkason

First Post
Shayuri said:
Hee hee

I will post it, I swear. I've been grappling with windmage vs feymage...they are both so appealing.

In terms of raw party dynamics, they are different. Windmage is more of a blaster sort, feymage is more illusions and trickery...versatile, but probably not dealing mass damage blasties.

Seems like neither one's really a covered niche with existing party members. From his feats, it looks like our other primary arcane caster (Chaine) will be focusing on conjuration rather than straight blasting or illusions.

Personally, I'm kind of tickled by the thought of a little gnome flanked by two half-orcs, but I'm a sucker for imagery like that. Either way, I know it'll be fun.

jason

Bialaska

First Post
jkason said:
Seems like neither one's really a covered niche with existing party members. From his feats, it looks like our other primary arcane caster (Chaine) will be focusing on conjuration rather than straight blasting or illusions.

Personally, I'm kind of tickled by the thought of a little gnome flanked by two half-orcs, but I'm a sucker for imagery like that. Either way, I know it'll be fun.

jason

Half-orc? But... aren't they supposed to be like burned on the stake? Like the rest of Orc-kind! :p

Shayuri

First Post
Jason, you sold me.

Feymage it is. Their at-will is kind of goofy, but that is okay.

And I do enjoy creative uses for illusions.

jkason

First Post
Bialaska said:
Half-orc? But... aren't they supposed to be like burned on the stake? Like the rest of Orc-kind! :p

Heh. Exactly. Of course, Saktouk's only just now finding out that's how people feel. Another of the things that should prove interesting, especially since he isn't just a half-orc, but a half-orc who considers himself Shoanti. The boy's set up for a world of surprises, I fear... ;)

Bialaska

First Post
jkason said:
Heh. Exactly. Of course, Saktouk's only just now finding out that's how people feel. Another of the things that should prove interesting, especially since he isn't just a half-orc, but a half-orc who considers himself Shoanti. The boy's set up for a world of surprises, I fear... ;)

Well, don't worry, Aiyana isn't hostile, though she might be trying to get Saktouk to give up defiling the Shoanti ways with his dirty Orc manners. ;)

Wow. Just from this short exchange, this is going to be fun. :cool:

And Shayuri, I don't mean to rush you. Finish when you can. I think we can wait until you are happy with what you've got. I'd rather wait and have each of you play what you want to, than have any of you feel "forced" to play a character to help party balance.

And for the record, the image of a gnome flanked by two half-orcs IS rather intriguing..................

Shayuri

First Post
Have no fear! This will be more of a hoot than a flock of owls having a hootenanny at Hooters!

Sadly, I do not have the Pathfinder rulez at work. If someone were to accidentally post the Gnome race traits though, I might be able to sneakily replicate them...but I would never ask for such a thing.

:D

Remove ads