M&M - Chosen (Recruiting Closed)

Walking Dad

First Post
Maybe loosing his protection's Imperviousness' against heat/fire based attacks?

Or maybe slowed/immobilized by water attacks, because it freezes around him...

Thanks for the input, Shayuri!

Shayuri

First Post
Yar...reducing defense against fire and heat seems like it'd be good. Possibly a Vulnerability drawback.

Vibratory and/or sonic attacks might be bad for him if you decide his ice is crystalline.

Also: Name idea. Instead of just Frost, what about Permafrost? His concept of having a layer of ice that's just below a normal looking outer layer is very similar to how a real permafrost layer works. :)

Walking Dad

First Post
Vulnerability may be a bit much... I would like to take this as a complication, gaining HPs every time someone uses heatweapons against him.
That is more like in the comics (Superman is attacked by Kryptonite and suddenly he makes some fancy move (spend HP) to win in the end, despite the green k).

Not a fan of vibro vulnerability.

Consider the name 'Permafrost' stolen :lol:

Jemal

Adventurer
WD - Heat's too common to be just a complication. Also don't forget you neeed an actual drawback, not just some complications.
Also, i'd prefer if you knocked the impervious down a bit. I get how it can prevent some damage, but I don't think of ice as being hard enough to make you immune to a bazooka...

Shayuri - The shapeshift pool is just a pool of points, not traits. the TRAITS reset to whatever your default is when you no longer concentrate on them, What you know how to turn into shouldn't.
I'm gonna say no to the detaching part.. as in the whole power (not just your suggested use). I just don't like it.

Bialaska - Looks good. Try not to step on anyones foot when you're changed. ;)

H4H - hmm, looks good to me. Sorry bout the impervious thing, just didn't sit very well with me.

Rellique - That's a good question, I guess it depends on what you think he would conceivably have painted/drawn within the last few weeks and why he'd be carrrying them around with him.

Shalimar - The difference is Shapeshift can only emulate traits that are "PHYSICAL", and Reflex Memory can only emulate traits that are "Training/Skill". They both do essentially the same thing, but have different descriptors.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Shalimar - The difference is Shapeshift can only emulate traits that are "PHYSICAL", and Reflex Memory can only emulate traits that are "Training/Skill". They both do essentially the same thing, but have different descriptors.

Did I miss anything?

Will you allow a power feat then to let me pick things up that I see on TV/recordings? I mean we are in a small town, she isn't going to see much of anything feat or skill wise in person which pretty well cripples reflex memory. She has paid 21pp premium to be able to learn anything she sees, if she doesn't see anything useful thats 21 pps, 1/6th of her total wasted.

Shayuri

First Post
Jemal: That's fine. It was kind of an off the wall idea. :) What about the "cellular telepathy" thing? Some of this might be stuff I want to explore later rather than right away, if you allow it at all.

As for the shifting, I'm still a little confused. I think it's because we're using the term trait differently.

I'm using the word trait to refer to a specific power purchased with the shapeshifting pool. So if I have 30 points in the pool, and 10 of them have been spent on Protection +10, then Protection is a trait.

Now, if she loses consciousness, the pool resets, and whatever powers are in it zero out...leaving her only the abilities she possesses outside the pool.

If I understand you correctly, she'd still be able to add Protection (in this example) again on regaining consciousness, because she 'learned' to do it before, and thus doesn't need to scan it again.

Now, if I'm right there, would she still qualify for a limit on Shapeshift? It seems like, over time, she'd pretty quickly develop an array of abilities she could mix and match without having to scan someone first. It'd be more limiting at first than later.

I do suggest that her Morph ability require scanning a subject to imitate them. Is there a power feat or Extra that allows a Morph disguise to copy fingerprints, retinas, possibly even DNA? Or is that reflected just by taking high levels of Morph, and consequently having a really really high bonus to Disguise? :)

Shalimar

First Post
I think it would be th precise power feat to copy the dna/retina/fingerprints.

Jemal, I've updated Carly. I made the stuff from reflex memory permanent, and gave her a much smaller pool to play with. I envision it as she can make the stuff she learns permanent if she devotes a bit of effort to it, or if she doesn't she knows it until she replaces it. I also gave her a power feat to be able to pick up stuff she watches on tv, or some other medium, if that isn't ok let me know.

Jemal

Adventurer
Shayuri -
RE: Morph - I don't believe there's any rule for exactly duplicating fingerprints/dna/etc. I'd suggest allocating points from your pool into features for each of those (Feature: Exact retinas, Feature: fingerprints, Feature: Bobs DNA, etc) as the only way I can think.
RE: Shapeshift - The limit as you propose it is a bit TOO limiting, I think, as it means that at the beginning of each day Or anytime you loose consciousness) you'd become your normal self again until you had a chance to relearn traits, and be unable to use your power until you encountered someone/something with useful traist. I don't see the learning curve as jumping too high, as you have to touch and scan any person or thing you want to be able to emulate.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases