And the new Catwoman is ...

Phoenix8008

First Post
I'd prefer to see Bane as the next big villain, with either Catwoman or Riddler as the secondary tangent threat/ally if needed. I'd love to see the 'Knightfall' storyline done, but I'm not sure if they could fit it all into one movie or if they'd have to end one movie with Azrael taking up the mantle of the bat, then in the next movie showing Bruce Wayne's comeback to reclaim the mantle and defeat Bane for good. That's what I want to see at least. Just don't know if it's possible to pull off well in movie form. I think the techno-batman vis-a-vi Azrael would look bad@$$ on the big screen.

I think I'd like to see Batman doing a little more detective work. I read the novelization of "Dark Knight". It's not particularly interesting - it's mostly retelling everything you already saw on the screen. I had hoped for some deeper insights into the individual characters, but it's really just the screenplay made into a book. But there have been some extra scenes, and the ones I liked where those describing Bruce Waynes investigations.

I am not sure how well it will fit into the established setting, but surely the Nolan-Batman does some legwork (The mayor-assassination and the Lamborghini-scene are that in some way). I suppose the style could either be more "Film Noire" or maybe like a thriller á la Seven. Someone like the Riddler and Catwoman can make sense in such scenarios.

Of course, I suppose you still need something to support a lot of action scenes, so maybe it will require a mix of two villains operating differently or on different scales.
In the Dark Knight, Batman first seems to ignore the Joker because he is focusing on the "Big Goal", but eventually it turns out that the Joker is critical to this. The next movie might have to force Batman to decide where to focus his resources and efforts - a mysterious serial killer (maybe more then just individuals - he might sometimes blow up buses and buildings), or a crime syndicate trying to to retake Gotham City, instigating gang wars and cop shoot-outs.

Klaus

First Post
This is a good take on Catwoman: Cat Tales. I don't like the new catwoman (well, not so new - the "goggles" version).
I, on the other hand, adore the newer, Darwin Cooke-designed look, goggles and all!

dccatboc1.jpg

dccatwoman.jpg

Fenes

First Post
I, on the other hand, adore the newer, Darwin Cooke-designed look, goggles and all!

dccatboc1.jpg

dccatwoman.jpg

I don't mind the look, but the concept went from catburglar with spunk pulling heist after heist to grim and gritty whatever. She was a perfect counterpart to batman's seriousness, now she's a "batman light" - too serious.

Klaus

First Post
I don't mind the look, but the concept went from catburglar with spunk pulling heist after heist to grim and gritty whatever. She was a perfect counterpart to batman's seriousness, now she's a "batman light" - too serious.
Not really. She's been robbing things for Calculator for a while now, and in the last issue of her series she not only stole Batman's utility belt, she also stole the Batmobile. And when Batman tried to shut it down by remote, he discovered that Seline had robbed the batteries of the remote.

Fenes

First Post
Looks like I'll have to catch up then - I stopped reading when she was nothing more than a batman clone, protecting her part of the town from the criminals.

Klaus

First Post
Looks like I'll have to catch up then - I stopped reading when she was nothing more than a batman clone, protecting her part of the town from the criminals.
Read just the last two issues. They sum up pretty much everything that went down with Selina, and set up the new status quo for her. Now she's a regular cast member in Detective Comics.

Remove ads