Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

balth

First Post
A tall, lithe Elf dressed in green hunter's garb enters the tavern. He nods to Raiyek and Kruk.

His quiver sticks through one of the burnt holes in his cloak, it looks as though he may have recently been in a fire.

He looks unsure of where to sit in the room, it is much busier than it was before, and there seems to be a commotion of some sort.

He smiles slightly, accenting the scar that runs from his jaw to forehead before disappearing in his golden locks.

..Perhaps there is more to this town, yet, he thought to himself.

JRYoung

First Post
The woman now screams out to the adventures, "Please you have to help those savages have my daughter, she's only 9! What does it take to get some help!"

[Sblock="ooc"]New adventure. We're swarming with them huh...

Looking for 5 players 1st level. Standard fair defender, striker, controller, leader and one extra.

Looking for good characters who'll volonteer to save the girl but that doesn't mean there won't be rewards. [/sblock]

"M'Lady, Skalisss, the humble ssservant of Netari, at your ssservice" he says with a bow.

[Sblock="ooc"]Level 1 Dragonborn Paladin [/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post

"Patrons of the Hanged Man...I am a parent...what? No, patron! Yes, patron! I am a patron looking for some...hired hands to...help me solve a...personal matter. Payment will be given...once the task is...completed."

The eladrin lets loose a sigh of relief, then claps his hands and rubs them together.

"So! Are there any takers?"

[sblock=OOC]New adventure! Looking for five PCs for a well-balanced party. As the adventure is rather *ahem* difficult, three 1st level PCs and two 2nd level PCs would be ideal. Please respond IC if you are interested (and I'm sure you all are).[/sblock]

OOC: Sounds quite good for Skalisss (Dragonborn Paladin 1). Can the DMs arbitrate party selection between the two adventures? I'd like Skalisss to be in one please.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The Woman Cassandra screams turning to her husband."There's one now isn't it, those things. The kobolds have my baby."

Wilment eyes the kobold rogue up and down. "What she says is true. Kobolds to the north warring with goblins hold our child captive as some sort of ransom. How do I know sending you is any better?"

-''But my lady, don't you see it gives us the inner tunnel? Huh, inside track, I mean this gives the inside track. I say it is most fortuitous to find a kobold willing to help us. He'll translate and can even infiltrate!'' says Hadrak.

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
“Juna and Dayna bless their souls, those Valley folks sure sound like brave men, they do! Much more manly than the lot that drags their sorry hides in here,” she adds with a “hmpf” as an afterthought, casting a disapproving look at the adventurous clientele. “Except, perhaps, for Wo-”
Haha, nice plug, Dunamin. I c wut u did thar! :p[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock="ooc"]
OOC: Sounds quite good for Skalisss (Dragonborn Paladin 1). Can the DMs arbitrate party selection between the two adventures? I'd like Skalisss to be in one please.

Well, by my count so far we've got these volunteers:

Eladrin & Warforged:
Defender: Raiyek, Elf Paladin
Striker: Rabbit, Dwarf Warlock
Controller: none
Leader: none
Wildcard: Kruk, Dwarf Fighter (also from Hoofchew)

Kobolds Took My Baby:
Defender: Shorrin, Dragonborn Fighter
Striker: Vixo, Kobold Rogue (Wilment seems skeptical)
Leader: Hadrak, Dwarf Cleric
Wildcard: Skaliss, Dragonborn Paladin (volunteered here first, but seems more interested in the other adventure)

So right now there's not much arbitration needed - Kruk and Skaliss could swap places if it would work out better, and if Wilment rejects Vixo for plot reasons he could swap place with Rabbit. But there's no overlap yet unless another defender wants to join.
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="ooc"]

Well, by my count so far we've got these volunteers:

Eladrin & Warforged:
Defender: Raiyek, Elf Paladin
Striker: Rabbit, Dwarf Warlock
Leader: none
Wildcard: Kruk, Dwarf Fighter (also from Hoofchew)

Kobolds Took My Baby:
Defender: Shorrin, Dragonborn Fighter
Striker: Vixo, Kobold Rogue (Wilment seems skeptical)
Leader: Hadrak, Dwarf Cleric
Wildcard: Skaliss, Dragonborn Paladin (volunteered here first, but seems more interested in the other adventure)

So right now there's not much arbitration needed - Kruk and Skaliss could swap places if it would work out better, and if Wilment rejects Vixo for plot reasons he could swap place with Rabbit. But there's no overlap yet unless another defender wants to join.
[/sblock]

[sblock="ooc"]

Ok, Shorrin's accepted as my defender, Vixo is accepted as my striker, just playing up the race for plot reasons, he's still in it'll be more fun actually

Hadrak's in for my leader.

Skaliss, either one you want.... up to you man.

If you do go with the Eladrin, and Kruk goes after the kobolds then I'll have Larinza go for the leader spot in the Eladrin game.

We both need controllers though. Not enough controllers in L4w.[/sblock]

-''But my lady, don't you see it gives us the inner tunnel? Huh, inside track, I mean this gives the inside track. I say it is most fortuitous to find a kobold willing to help us. He'll translate and can even infiltrate!'' says Hadrak.

Wilment eyes the Vixo up and down as he listens to Hadrak, "A translator might come in handy though I'd prefer you simply kill them all. Alright, it's hired, but you spoke for it dwarf, so it's actions are on your head."

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Larinza returns from the temple looking dejected and down having not gotten the answers she wanted.

She spies Rayiek and walks over to him "What's going on in here?"

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Hello, Larinza. It seems we've finished just in time, there are two patrons looking for adventurers here."

After pausing for a moment, Raiyek asks, "So did you learn anything of your parents at the temple? I pray they are well and that you find them someday."

Remove ads