How early for Santa

How early should Santa Claus start making appearances?

• Beginning of December (right after Thanksgiving)

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • Beginning of November (right after Halloween)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Beginning of autumn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christams starts in July!

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He should be around all year

Votes: 1 2.9%

ssampier

First Post
As the old joke goes, "Christmas gets earlier every year. "

November 1st seems to the unofficial start of the Christmas season. But those jerks still put the Christmas display out in October. As I joked to my mom,

"If someone had both Christmas and Halloween decorations out, you'd think they were nuts."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The only time Santa should Be out before Halloween is when he's the Goth/Metal/Evil Santa or Jack Skelington Santa. With that said, this year I saw someone dress as Santa Claus for Halloween. He has a bag full of decapitated heads.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I never had much trouble with Santa and Christmas bonanza in the stores until after Thanksgiving -- until I moved to Canada a couple years ago. The problem is that Canadian Thanksgiving is in early October, so now it's only Halloween that slows down the commercial onslaught. :eek:

Wombat

First Post
All things-Xmassy should wait until after Thanksgiving.

Having said that, the first Xmas music I heard this year was on Hallowe'en in Borders... :(

Tiny Little Raven

Banned
Banned
Beginning of November

My family always puts out the holiday decorations on Nov. 1.

Thats the way its been since I was a kid. I have many fond memories of helping to set up the tree and decorating it with ornaments and strips of popcorn. The tree would go in the family room, which is right next to the dining room. Eating a turkey dinner with the family was always the most fun as we all would just put on a happy face, having enough thanks to be able to come together for our yearly celebration.

Remove ads