How early for Santa

How early should Santa Claus start making appearances?

• Beginning of December (right after Thanksgiving)

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • Beginning of November (right after Halloween)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Beginning of autumn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christams starts in July!

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He should be around all year

Votes: 1 2.9%

Ranger REG

Explorer
I totally agree.
Meh. If Macy can have Santa Claus show up on their long-running Turkey Day Parade, it's okay to start decorating on Turkey Day ... though I rarely see anyone start selling holiday trees on that holiday.

That doesn't mean it's the only way to acquire a holiday tree. ;)

Gonna grab a "pre-lit" wreath (hopefully runs on small batteries) tomorrow (11/19).

Scutisorex

Explorer
Meh. If Macy can have Santa Claus show up on their long-running Turkey Day Parade, it's okay to start decorating on Turkey Day ... though I rarely see anyone start selling holiday trees on that holiday.

That doesn't mean it's the only way to acquire a holiday tree. ;)

Gonna grab a "pre-lit" wreath (hopefully runs on small batteries) tomorrow (11/19).

Well starting it on Thanksgiving is cool, and even kindof traditional in the US. It's the before Thanksgiving stuff that gets on my nerves. I mean, I started to see some stores with Christmas stuff before Halloween... that's absurd.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Well starting it on Thanksgiving is cool, and even kindof traditional in the US. It's the before Thanksgiving stuff that gets on my nerves. I mean, I started to see some stores with Christmas stuff before Halloween... that's absurd.
Doesn't mean you HAVE to put it up on the day you bought them.

I know a lot of folks bought Christmas stuff including wrappings AFTER Christmas, so they will already have them for the NEXT Christmas.

Masquerade

First Post
I don't want to think about xmas until about two weeks before. It bothers me a little that the holiday season now lasts for nearly 1/6 of the year.

Remove ads