RPG Print News – Troll Lord, Mongoose, Legendary Games, and More

If you’re a regular reader of this column you may be like me and want an Adventure Game in Need of Translation written in no known language. But it does look interesting. Some of my favorite RPGs also get support. Castles & Crusades gets hundreds of NPC ready to use at the table and Traveller gets an adventure set in the Core. Of course D&D gets support with two supplements full of new options...

If you’re a regular reader of this column you may be like me and want an Adventure Game in Need of Translation written in no known language. But it does look interesting. Some of my favorite RPGs also get support. Castles & Crusades gets hundreds of NPC ready to use at the table and Traveller gets an adventure set in the Core. Of course D&D gets support with two supplements full of new options and two epic level adventures. Finally, Exalted Funeral is back with a plethora of RPGs from space opera cyberpunk to haunted malls to a drowned post-apocalyptic world and the aforementioned untranslated RPG.

91 npc register.JPG

Note: RPG Print News covers new RPG releases and some classics, reprints, and sales available from retailers. It does not cover products that are only available directly to customers through kickstarter or as print on demand.

NPC Almanac - Register by Troll Lord Games
  • SYSTEM: Castles & Crusades
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $29.99
  • DESCRIPTION: A companion to NPC Almanac - Sketches, the Register consists of a series of tables for over 1200 NPCs, both class based and hirelings, or adherents. These NPC entries include all the info needed to place the NPC in a campaign. They contain name, sex, appearance, personality, hook, alignment, level, BtH, HP, AC, Primary Attributes, Secondary Attributes, armor, weapons, and special info.
91 invasive species.JPG

Invasive Species by Mongoose Publishing
  • SYSTEM: Traveller
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover adventure
  • RETAIL PRICE: $19.99
  • DESCRIPTION: The Travellers are hired by the ducal heir to fly a safari ship first to Akussanja, to obtain specimens of a rare and wild species, and then transport it to Tinea-Fabre. After that, the young duke-to-be enlists the Travellers to hunt the elusive creature in its adopted habitat. The hunters become the hunted end up in a pitched battle for their very survival. Includes: a customized Type-K safari ship, he sly and ferocious shakuurzarpi of Akussanja, and maps of two wild alien worlds.
91 the dragons hoard 17.JPG
91 the dragons hoard 18.JPG
The Dragon's Hoard - Issue #17 | The Dragon's Hoard - Issue #18 by Legendary Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover supplements
  • RETAIL PRICE: $11.99 each
  • DESCRIPTION: The Dragons Hoard #17 with brand new options. Magical items like the coffer of riches, heretic’s bane, owlbear dander, and zombie skin shield. Spells for almost every 5E spellcaster like castellan’s call, dispel silence, stolen valor, and stronghold sanctuary. Class options like oozemancer, college of spies, and circle of worked stone. Creatures across every challenge level like the charming leaf leshy, the cruel frosty chiseler, and the beatific bliss dragon the charming leaf leshy, the cruel frosty chiseler, and the beatific bliss dragon. The Dragons Hoard #18 contains the following. Magical items: the jester’s cosh, lighthouse buckler, potion of dreaming, and amulet of mighty fangs. Spells: fire snake, wall of sound, rampart, and flames of the faithful. Class options: the mischief domain, spellsword fighter, and way of the striker. And monsters: the playful pyrausta dragonet, the alluring alraune, and the spectacular animate aria.
91 heart of war.JPG
91 forgotten crowns.JPG

Heart of War - Epic Play for Fifth Edition | Forgotten Crowns - Epic Play for Fifth Edition by Legendary Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition Epic 5E
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover epic level adventures
  • RETAIL PRICE: $19.99 each
  • DESCRIPTION: Heart of War is an adventure on a different world for PCs of 22nd level which includes pregenerated adventurers of 22nd level for every class. Statistics for elite alien shock troops, the alien warlord, and armies of elementals (earth and fire). The Heart of Primordial Flame, a potent artifact that offers whoever takes it great power—but not without cost. More details about the mysterious Trekth and the effects of their world runes. Forgotten Crowns is an adventure in a decaying and doomed dimension for PCs of 23rd level with pregenerated PCs of every class. Includes battles within the rib cage of a dead god and across islands that float in midair. Statistics for cosmic monsters: the arnsenon, limpocait, Xydragis , and eight other Challenge 20+ enemies.
91 project 39.JPG
91 dead mall.JPG
91 satanic panic.JPG
91 the big wet.JPG
91 adventure game in need of.JPG

Project 39 - Beta Maxx X Quasar Edition | Dead Mall (tri-fold pamphlet) | Satanic Panic at Crowley Place Mall | The Big Wet | Adventure Game in Need of Translation by Exalted Funeral
  • SYSTEM: unique rule sets
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover supplements
  • RETAIL PRICE: $18/$8/$5/$12/$10
  • DESCRIPTION: In Project 39, pulp cyberpunk meets space-opera fantasy with a rules lite chassis that uses a simple d10 dice pool system and minimal calculations. A new isolationist government is throwing out every corporation that isn’t Sakkadian. Keelta Resources and six other resource corporations had been hiring all the other warm bodies on Prestyd Trade Port to get stuff out of Sakkadian space. The PCs are warm bodies brought into the equation which is how they end up in a light freighter making its way to a mine complex. In Dead Mall, the PCs wind up in an abandoned mall and stumble upon something wrong… horribly, horribly wrong. The PCs must navigate the mall and its monsters, with left over detritus from the mall to survive. Includes a d100 Random Mall Generator of defunct retail stores, restaurants and mall landmarks for the Mall Master. Satanic Panic, the PCs break into Crowley Place Mall, a long-abandoned shopping mecca with a dark secret. Inside is a lair of cultists, the Wandering Spirits of the dead, and a hungry Wight. PCs in The Big Wet try to survive a postdiluvian world: sometime in the not-too-distant future, it started raining and never stopped. PCs are scavengers delving into the flooded ruins of the old world, hunting for dry-world artifacts to ship inland. Uses a d100 roll-under-over system using stats and a slowly-rising Wet score, brutal combat, and vicious terrain types and weather patterns to ensure nothing is ever easy. Also has two introductory adventures: a half-sunken skyscraper with a still-active helicopter atop it and a totally flooded aquarium teeming with sea life and valuable biological samples. Rounded out with tables of gear, items, trinkets, and treasure. Adventure Game in Need of Translation is not in any known language. One of my goals is to find weird RPGs and write about them. So here we go. At least you don’t need to learn a new RPG system to run it. I’m pretty sure you can run it with any system you want.

Charles Dunwoody

Charles Dunwoody

teitan

Legend
I’m really kind of sick of the name Crowley being used for cultist related stuff. It’s high time, with all the quality biographies that actually address the man that we finally quit maligning the man and his followers with bigotry born of ignorance and yellow journalistic practices of the pre-WWII and Christian Right propaganda machines that have dominated news cycles in the west since the 19th century.

A colleague of mine pitched me The Big Wet today during lunch. I'll probably play it within two weeks. I was surprised to see here!

Hopefully you'll post somewhere on EN World about how it goes. Why are you surprised to see it here? It sounds like a great RPG and Exalted Funeral is a publisher to watch.

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
Hopefully you'll post somewhere on EN World about how it goes. Why are you surprised to see it here? It sounds like a great RPG and Exalted Funeral is a publisher to watch.
I didn't mean it that way. It was just a bit uncanny to have someone talk to me about it at 2 o'clock (first time hearing about it) and then sitting down at home at 6 o'clock and seeing it here.

Remove ads

Remove ads