How Many Have Looked At/Played Mutant Future

Have you seen and/or played Mutant Future?

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I'm just curious how many people have checked out this game. If so, do you like it, and would you consider using it?

Mutant future is available as a free download at the following URL:
Mutant Future
and it is also available in dead tree format through Lulu.com.

Korgoth

First Post
My problem is that I already own Gamma World 1e and like it a lot. So when I look at Mutant Future I think "This is cute and cool, but if I was doing a post-apoc game of that sort I would always rather run Gamma World 1e."

There didn't seem to be a poll option for that... "I have seen it and think it's OK but not as good as my other stuff."

JDJblatherings

First Post
Seen it, played it, like it. I think it's pretty darned good. Certainly similar to GW 1st edition but a bit different. For players of early GW versions I say "GET MUTANT FUTURE" it's worth it for the mutant critters alone; Spider-goats can only enrich a postapocalyptic setting.

My son is work on a campaign of his own and I'm considering replacing my weekly game with Mutant Future for a few months.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
OK, second question. If someone (me) were to write some stuff up for it and release it for free (or close to it) under the Mutant Future trademark license, how interested would you be in that material?

I'm not committing to anything right now, but this seems like it might be a fun game to work with.

S'mon

Legend
If it were free I'd download and use it. It'd have to sound incredibly awesome for me to pay for an e-download, though I'd buy a substantial print on demand product off Lulu if it sounded cool. A book of short scenarios would be especially valuable, probably in the 1-4 pages range. Setting info less so, and new monsters/tech etc less so again.

Edit: A book of say 12-15 adventures, coming in ca 32-48 pages, with decent art, would be ideal and I'd buy it off Lulu.

Last edited:

Remove ads