How Many Have Looked At/Played Mutant Future

Have you seen and/or played Mutant Future?

Spinachcat

First Post
If you like Gamma World, download Mutant Future. Even if you don't use the rules, you will want the resources and assorted coolness.

Personally, my fav part the Mazes & Mutants option where you can combine Labyrinth Lord and Mutant Future.

Serendipity

Explorer
I went with I've seen it and like it, but have not played it in that if I were to run 1e Gamma World, I would consider it a resource.
Given that I'm most likely to run GW as some kind of 1e hybrid with bits of 2 (functionally the same game) and 4e GW then I suppose that'd be "would use it but haven't yet."

Serendipity

Explorer
OK, second question. If someone (me) were to write some stuff up for it and release it for free (or close to it) under the Mutant Future trademark license, how interested would you be in that material?

I'm not committing to anything right now, but this seems like it might be a fun game to work with.

Teach me to not read the comments first. :eek:
Definite interest actually. *G* Might just be the sort of thing that would kick me into running such a thing.

Shades of Green

First Post
I've read it and liked it, but the thing is that to play it I'll need to be in a particular mood - and right now I'm in the mood for a slightly more realistic post-apocalyptic type of setting (think Fallout, not Gamma World), for which I'll probably want to use a different system.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
If it were free I'd download and use it. It'd have to sound incredibly awesome for me to pay for an e-download, though I'd buy a substantial print on demand product off Lulu if it sounded cool. A book of short scenarios would be especially valuable, probably in the 1-4 pages range. Setting info less so, and new monsters/tech etc less so again.

Edit: A book of say 12-15 adventures, coming in ca 32-48 pages, with decent art, would be ideal and I'd buy it off Lulu.

I like the idea of doing a series of short adventures or supplements, say in the 3 to 5 page range. The price is still looking like free, though it would come at the expense of artwork. There is one way I might be able to wrangle up some original artwork at no expense, but no promises to that effect right now.

The main thing I'm looking at is exactly how much adventure I can cram into such a small amount of space.

Depending on how that goes, I might do some regional guides later on. Those would not be free and they would have art of some sort.

S'mon

Legend
I like the idea of doing a series of short adventures or supplements, say in the 3 to 5 page range. The price is still looking like free, though it would come at the expense of artwork. There is one way I might be able to wrangle up some original artwork at no expense, but no promises to that effect right now.

The main thing I'm looking at is exactly how much adventure I can cram into such a small amount of space.

Depending on how that goes, I might do some regional guides later on. Those would not be free and they would have art of some sort.

All sounds great. :) Art is only necessary in paid-for work. Note that Mutant Future's own art is mostly Public Domain clip art, and it looks great IMO - you might want to investigate that route, maybe ask Dan Proctor what sources he uses.

Goblinoid Games

First Post
I'm glad to see people from Enworld have an interest in Mutant Future! MF continues to be downloaded with great frequency. I intend to get Mutant Future into distribution along side Labyrinth Lord some time in 2009, and I think that will help boost its visibility.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I keep meaning to buy hardcopies of MF and LL, but for now I have to stick with my printed and bound copies. The games are both brilliant and really give me that elusive 'sense of wonder' when I read them. Sadly, I've had kind of a hard time scheduling any games lately, due to real life and responsibities, but when the opportunity presents itself. . . :lol:

Remove ads