Adventure: Echoes of O

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I asked because a new mark overwrites an old one - so if Kruk marks marley, Raiyek's Divine Challenge gets overwritten (meaning it won't do anything).

If Marley continues to shift and teleport away from Kruk, I think Raiyek's mark would be better, since the damage doesn't depend on Raiyek hitting, or even being anywhere near him. Also, it appears that his AC is at least 19, which makes a mark that relies on hitting with attacks (like a fighter) less effective. In my opinion, of course :)[/sblock]

[sblock=reply to Lord S]
You got it. Don I, please disregard my last post. I don't want to mark Marley anymore. thanks
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
Kruk swings wildly at his foe, and despite his blindness, he is able to score a minor hit. He breathes a sigh of relief as his vision returns (blindness fades, Reaping Strike misses, but the Echo takes 4 damage).

Swirling cold forms around 7 Rabbit as he channels his magic. The Echo takes advantage of his distraction to strike with his claws, hoping to draw. The dwarf maintains his composure, however, and dodges the blow. The Echo's claws pass through the cold, freezing bits of it's ivory skin. Moreover, the attack draws the ire of Raiyek's god, who sears the abomination in glowing light (The OA misses, but the Echo's taking it triggered Divine Challenge, so he takes 5 damage. I included the 8 from Armor of Agathys just for flavor purposes).

Scowling, the echo jumps onto a nearby chair and holds out his hand at the blinded elf paladin. The screaming comes faster this time, and catches the elf unawares. The sheer force of the attack blows the elf back, his body tossed like a ragdoll as it slams into the wall of Marley's loft (Recharge roll for Stir of Echoes. Then the Echo shifts to C6, and blasts Raiyek with Stir of Echoes for 13 and pushes him into a Raiyek-shaped hole in the wall at F9).

Map

INITIATIVE
Sessadore(7/27, blinded, bloodied): 24<<Your Turn!
Pierce(18/24): 23
Dawn Raven(18/24, blinded): 22
Dimsdale(21/31): 19
JNC(29/30(13)): 19
Echo of Marley(DC, cursed, 97 damage): 17

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
17 damage, not bad for a both of us missing!

I think you missed my healing surge, I'm back up to 29 hp.

Tactics: I think we should try to maneuvre him over to the blood at D4. I can use Diabolic Grasp to do this on my turn, but I know other people have slidey powers they can use too.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Sounds good, Joe. I'd like to get him away from the chairs so we can maneuver more easily. Unfortunately, Raiyek has nothing for slidey powers, haha.

So, let's see who can guess how many hp the Echo has. Closest guess gets a cookie :p (Note that he has at least 196 hp if he's not bloodied yet.) My guess is that he has about 300 hp.[/sblock]
Raiyek reels as he pulls himself away from the wall. He thinks he's regained his sight for a moment, but then realizes it's just stars spinning on a black background. Coughing up blood, he mutters a quick prayer to Palladys, "Palladys, clear my sight." He feels his goddess' power well up in him, but unfortunately it isn't enough to banish the Echo's blinding power.

The paladin takes a deep breath to steady himself, then looks up (despite not being able to see). "Help me, friends, where is the beast?" he calls. Stumbling towards it, he yells, "You can't get rid of me that easily, monster! Face me with honour!" Spittle flies and his brow furrows in fury, daring the Echo to defy his wrath again. As he reaches the monster, his sight finally clears, and his eyes burst into golden glowing radiance again. "Your tricks are no match for the Grey-Eyed Goddess!" he shouts, exultant at the return of his sight.
[sblock=Actions]Minor: Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle on myself (Sorry Raven); save vs. blindness with +2 bonus: 1d20+2=7. Craaap, I guess it doesn't matter who I gave it to :(
Standard: Second wind; regain 6 hp, +2 bonus to defenses until the start of my next turn. Still bloodied, though.
Move: to C7, with the help of my wonderful buddies. :) DC is refreshed for the round.

Save vs. blindness: 17. *sigh* there, finally. I can see!
[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20(22), Fort:15(17), Reflex:16(18), Will:15(17) -- Speed:6
HP:13/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:10/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
17 damage, not bad for a both of us missing!

I think you missed my healing surge, I'm back up to 29 hp.

Tactics: I think we should try to maneuvre him over to the blood at D4. I can use Diabolic Grasp to do this on my turn, but I know other people have slidey powers they can use too.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] I've slided it with my Trick Strike but as for what I read from Don's description, the Echo is immuned to slippery terrain least to say.[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=Active Mini Stats]
Ashurn Dhara (Ash)
Passive Insight: 11, Passive Perception: 15
Senses
: Normal, Speed: 6, Size: Medium
HP: 18/24, Bloodied: 12
Surges/Day: 6/7, Surge value: 6
AC: 16(+2), Fortitude: 12(+2), Reflex: 17(+2), Will: 14(+2)
Action Point(s): 0/1, Second Wind: Expended
Shurikens: 8/10

Powers:
Sly Flourish
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Positioning Strike
[Expended]Trick Strike
*Sneak Attack: +2d8 against target I've combat advantage with.
*Weapon Focus - Light Blades: +1 feat bonus to damage roll on attacks with light blades.
[/sblock]

Seeing that Raiyek knocked aside by the beast, Ashurn continues his attack. Hoping to buy Raiyek sometime to regain his breath. With another swift swing of his hand, Ash sends a whirling star of steel towards the 'Marley's' feet!

[sblock=Sly Flourish vs AC]20 vs AC. 11 damage.[/sblock]

"Hmph, you got lucky this time!" Ashurn shouts as he saw his shuriken was caught by the Echo.

"Les! Do you think you could support Raiyek? I think he looks like he would need it!" shouts Ash as he steps to his left to keep 'Marley' in sight.

[sblock=Actions]
Move=Moves from C1 to D1.
Standard=Sly Flourish with Shuriken on 'Marley' at C6.
Minor=Draws another Shuriken.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Making sure the Echo starts his turn next to Rabbit as much as possible will help us immensely as well.

Other tactics: Just going to take a stock of all the healing we have left. Les has 1 more inspiring word (surge+1d6), Les and Kruk both have 2nd winds left, Les has Bastion of Defense (6 temp hp for allies guaranteed; +1 defenses for allies on a hit), and I've got 3 Lay on Hands + Paladin's Judgment (all of which heal one surge). I'll start throwing out LoH soon, but I do need to be adjacent to you. I'm thinking we should try to save the rest of our dailies if we can; we might have to try to save Marley (the real Marley) today.

Edit: Pierce, don't you have 18 hp? Your stat block says 10 ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Making sure the Echo starts his turn next to Rabbit as much as possible will help us immensely as well.

Other tactics: Just going to take a stock of all the healing we have left. Les has 1 more inspiring word (surge+1d6), Les and Kruk both have 2nd winds left, Les has Bastion of Defense (6 temp hp for allies guaranteed; +1 defenses for allies on a hit), and I've got 3 Lay on Hands + Paladin's Judgment (all of which heal one surge). I'll start throwing out LoH soon, but I do need to be adjacent to you. I'm thinking we should try to save the rest of our dailies if we can; we might have to try to save Marley (the real Marley) today.

Edit: Pierce, don't you have 18 hp? Your stat block says 10 ;)[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Thanks for the heads up. Kind of hard to remember to re-do my mini stats. :p [/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Raiyek is able to shrug off his blindness, and moves to confront the Echo.

Ash throws a shuriken at the Echo, but amazingly, the creature's arms move in a blur, and a moment later it is holding the shuriken with a grim smile. It drops the thing to its side and returns its attention to the foes surrounding it (20 is a miss, the rest is just fluff).

Map

INITIATIVE
Sessadore(13/27, bloodied): 24
Pierce(18/24): 23
Dawn Raven(18/24, blinded): 22<<Your Turn!
Dimsdale(21/31): 19
JNC(29/30(13)): 19
Echo of Marley(DC, cursed, 97 damage): 17

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Metagaming]
This feels like a boss fight to me, I'd hit him hard with dailies as soon as you've got an opening. With this AC, it's important to try and get as many bonuses as possible, or try attacking other defenses, so save your big guns until you've got combat advantage or some other bonus.
[/sblock]

Remove ads