Adventure: Echoes of O

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Welcome back, Joe.

EDIT: I like Les' plan better than mine, because she actually has one ;)

Initiative: 22.[/sblock]
Raiyek nods and prepares himself for the coming battle. Drawing his sword, he moves to his position near the door as quietly as he can. Palladys, watch over us. Grant us your strength to save this victim, whether it be Marley or not.
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:4/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (1/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk nods in agreement with Les's plan as well. He moves with Raiyek to take position by the door, one defender on each side. He then grips his axe tightly, ready to strike at a moments notice. His armor starts to flicker in red flames once more.

[sblock=ooc]
welcome back JNC!

just in time

initiative roll: 1 oh boy :.-(

I take it we have not rested enough to get our daily attacks if we used them already in the fight against the echo.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
current hp: 31
affects:

Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12 (four used)
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)
action Points: Second Wind: (used)
Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike: (used)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ozymandias79

First Post
OOP: JNC and Dimsdale, you both forgot to add +2 to initiative from les's combat leader ability and furthermore, Dimsdale, second wind can be used once per encounter, not once per day, so you have yours back now:lol:.

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=Active Mini Stat Block]Ashurn Dhara (Ash) Initiative: 4
Passive Insight: 11, Passive Perception: 15
Senses
: Normal, Speed: 6, Size: Medium
HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12
Amount of Surges: 2/7, Surge value: 6
AC: 16(+0), Fortitude: 12(+0), Reflex: 17(+0), Will: 14(+0)
Action Point(s): 0/1, Second Wind: Available
Main Hand: Hzakan Shadow Blade +1 to Hit and Damage. +1 additional damage against targets Ash have CA with. Extra 1d6 damage on critical.
Shurikens: 10/10

Powers:
Sly Flourish
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Positioning Strike
[Expended]Trick Strike
*Sneak Attack: +2d8 against target I've combat advantage with.
*Weapon Focus - Light Blades: +1 feat bonus to damage roll on attacks with light blades.[/sblock]
[sblock=Initiative Roll]1d20+6=16[/sblock]
"Les. from what I see, the ritual might require the full attention of all the mages in there...do you think taking one of them out of the equation will foil their plan?" spoke Ashurn. "And if the one that is bound is Marley, releasing him will be a great idea. I believe no one here is in doubt of his prowess in combat." grins Ashurn, relishing at the thought to be able to fight side by side with Marley.
[sblock=Stealth]Am I able to start in stealth? I'm still very confused on the checks against stealth and how I can ultilise it in combat. If any judges are reading, care to enlighten me on it? 1d20+9=25[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
OOP: JNC and Dimsdale, you both forgot to add +2 to initiative from les's combat leader ability and furthermore, Dimsdale, second wind can be used once per encounter, not once per day, so you have yours back now:lol:.

ooc: Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the +2. I checked everyone's initiative rolls. With the exception of Raiyek's +4, I didn't see it. Now I'm at a 3....wooooot! :eek: I'll update my stat block for the second wind.

"And, if Marley is able to fight, I think we know whose side he'd be on." Kruk states to Ash, agreeing with his idea. nodding his head in approval and chuckling quietly as if not to give away any element of surprise.

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
The party enters the building, trying to be as stealthy as possible. As soon as you pass the door, though, the gnolls sniff the air in suspicion, and immediately turn in your direction. One of them lets out a yelp that alerts its human companions to your presence. The chanting momentarily ceases as the hooded figures stare at you in amazement. The fat tiefling rises from his chair, and speaks in a harsh, gravelly voice. Bits of spit and food fly from his mouth as he barks, "Did I give you permission to stop the ritual? Get back to work!"

The hooded figures hastily turn back toward the bound figure and redouble their efforts. The tiefling angrily turns to the gnolls.

"You assured me that we were not followed! What do I pay you for, anyway?!"

The gnolls look at one another in confusion. You notice that two of them are carrying spears, while the others are armed with clubs. The one who yelped earlier speaks up, its voice occasionally emitting some high-pitched squeaking noises.

"We were-YEECH-not followed, Burodorub. They must-YEECH-they must be some of Mar-YEECH-Marley's hired hands."

The obese tiefling tears a chunk of flesh from the roasted meat with his pointed teeth, chewing as he gives his orders.

"No matter, the ritual is nearly complete. Their efforts shall be in vain. Kill them!"

OOC: Please place yourself on the map before we start combat.

Initiative:
Sessadore: 22
Burodorub: 20
Dawn Raven: 19
Spear Gnoll Q7: 18
JNC: 17
Club Gnoll A9: 17
Pierce: 16
Spear Gnoll A7: 13
Club Gnoll Q9: 13
Dimsdale: 3

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Can I start in H12? If we have to start along the back wall, I'll start in G13. [/sblock]
Resist 5 poison
Powers
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'll start in H12 then.[/sblock]
With their cover blown, Raiyek abandons the pretense of stealth. "I'll keep the ones on the left occupied," he tells his companions. With a quick flash of movement, he slashes the ritual caster nearest him, and then lets the momentum of his strike lead him into a dash across the warehouse. "Hah, kill us? Well then, why don't you try to start with me!" The golden fire of Palladys' power burns in the elf's eyes as they bore into one of the gnolls, daring him to defy his challenge.
[sblock=Actions]Standard: Valiant Strike vs. ritualist in G11: 1d20+7=26 vs. AC, 1d8+3=10 damage.
Move: from H12 to G12, F12, E11, D10, C9, B8.
Minor: Divine Challenge spear-gnoll in A7.[/sblock]
Resist 5 poison
Powers
Paladin's Judgment

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les, as typical, moves into the room quickly behind Raiyek. As the paladin lashes out at the mages and dashes to the left side of the room, she gestures for Kruk and Seven-Rabbit. "This way! Follow the elf and stick together. Avoid the circle if you can. Seven-Rabbit, I want info on that ritual, that magic circle and our time. Now! Ash, try and stay on the same target as either the elf or Kruk. Let's focus our attacks and take them down one at a time as fast as we can!"

The githyanki follows after the paladin, her new, shiny chain spinning out in circles around her. Old Victory's teeth reach out like a hungry maw for the flesh of the gnoll that Raiyek had not targeted. Les hoped that her attack would slow this one down while Raiyek distracted the other. If it hit, they would be severely limited in their movements.

[sblock=OOC]
Yay Combat with new shiny weapon!!
And I'm the only one with my dailies intact mwahahaha! And my AP too! I didn't really get a chance to use them last time. This time I'm going to drop my Bastion of Defense as soon as I find a worthy target. So, input would be helpful here. Should I just pop it out on one of the gnolls to give out the +1 to ac and the Temp hp buffers? Or should I save the 6d4 for the Tiefling?

By the way, if anyone sees a good opportunity for Telekinetic leap and they want the boost, go ahead and ask for it. Also, the Communal weapon lets me give +1 as an interrupt more or less after someone makes a d20 roll to attack. If you think your attack needs that +1 to hit, go ahead and ask for it. By the way, anyone with nature might want to try and take a "monster" knowledge check on these guys. Not sure if that will help though.

Oh, and if Les sounds bossy here....she just is >.>. If it bothers anyone, I can tone it down, but I like giving orders :D
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Start in H13
Standard: Viper's Strike 23 and 9 damage. If gnoll A9 shifts before the start of my next turn, it provokes an attack from Raiyek.
Move: Move to C9
Minor: Dance a jig?
[/sblock]
\
[sblock=MiniStats]
Les Ghentel- Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:23/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:6/8
Notes:
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not used
Powers: Commander's Strike, Viper's Strike, Warlord's Favor, Telekinetic Leap Bastion of Defense, Special: Inspiring Word x2[/sblock]

Remove ads