L4W Discussion Thread III

SeaPainter

First Post
Greetings from the Future... I went into one of the stores I get my books at, but they said they didn't get any PH2's in their shipment for the 17th. I wonder what my grandmother would call those people...

Dawn Raven

First Post
Whee! Amazon had my PHB2 delivered today. I don't care what the Char OP boards on WoTC seem to think of the Avenger. I. Am. In. Love.

Teleporting, shifting, invisibility, phasing...ah! I can't wait to make one and play one. Although I'm torn as to whether an elf or razorclaw shifter would be more fun. I think the tactical advantages of the class are far more interesting than anything else. Censure of pursuit combined with charging through all the melee opponents to get right at the mage/archer/ranged enemy is awesome. This would likely distract at least a few of the defender-ish foes to try and retreat back and help out, leaving the rest of the team less foes to murderize/more room. Ranged allies and a shielding swordmage would really help an Avenger to stay alive and hopefully prevent her from drawing all the monster aggro in the world.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Whee! Amazon had my PHB2 delivered today. I don't care what the Char OP boards on WoTC seem to think of the Avenger. I. Am. In. Love.

Teleporting, shifting, invisibility, phasing...ah! I can't wait to make one and play one. Although I'm torn as to whether an elf or razorclaw shifter would be more fun. I think the tactical advantages of the class are far more interesting than anything else. Censure of pursuit combined with charging through all the melee opponents to get right at the mage/archer/ranged enemy is awesome. This would likely distract at least a few of the defender-ish foes to try and retreat back and help out, leaving the rest of the team less foes to murderize/more room. Ranged allies and a shielding swordmage would really help an Avenger to stay alive and hopefully prevent her from drawing all the monster aggro in the world.
I cannot agree with you more :D It's like WotC stole the dreams out of my head and wrote them down!

They do seem like they'll do a little less damage than the rogue and ranger, but I'm ok with that. As you said, they get some wicked rider effects, plus a huge boost in accuracy. And I think the pursuing avenger is possibly the most mobile class so far - that definitely gets big brownie points in my book :) The retribution avenger looks pretty brutal; either enemies will leave him alone, or get blasted for trying to attack him. For the pursuing avenger, I love the powers that damage an enemy if they don't move. Stand here and get blasted, or move and have the avenger hunt me down again and lay the smackdown even harder :devil:

I'm torn now - I either want an elf/shifter pursuing avenger (of Artemis, possibly MC'ed into druid for flavour), or a deva retribution avenger (probably of Zeus - he needs some love in L4W!). I find myself liking the censure of retribution stuff a lot more than I thought, but it's so hard to give up all that extra mobility with censure of pursuit ... If we do the avenging duo, Raven, I might go with the deva just to mix it up, though. Or we could both play pursuing avengers, and lay waste to the back ranks in tandem :D

CaBaNa

First Post
Seems the most exciting bit of being a Druid, is that wild shape doesn't affect your skill challenges! :D

The bear rears on its hind legs, graciously accepting the cup of tea, and replies No No, crumpets simply won't do with a tea so bold as this, bring us a scone!

Diplomacy check, unaffected by beary scary!!:eek:

hehehe I could squeal at the possibilities.:lol:

Edit: The avenger paragon paths are wicked... Invis, Flight, Power recharge... awe inspired

Last edited:

Remove ads