L4W Discussion Thread III

CaBaNa

First Post
Don I believe that Lord S. was making a wholly separate comment from your comment, they just happened to be very close in post time.
in-fact Lord Sessadore's comment may even have been in the process of being written during your posting time.

I doubt anyone would every cast doubt on the impeccable character of such an upstanding community member such as yourself...;)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Don I believe that Lord S. was making a wholly separate comment from your comment, they just happened to be very close in post time.
in-fact Lord Sessadore's comment may even have been in the process of being written during your posting time.

I doubt anyone would every cast doubt on the impeccable character of such an upstanding community member such as yourself...;)
Yup. Of course, this is what happened. I'm shocked you would think otherwise, Don. :D

KenHood

First Post
The Isle of O and PHB2

I'm pleased as punch about the PHB2's inclusion of Imprisonment as a ritual. It sets a precedent for rituals causing 'bad things' to happen to people--which fits with the Isle of O's schtick of using rituals to curse folk.

So...

How can we go about using this to create 'Isle of O' bad-things-happening-to-good-people rituals for the setting?

Which brings up another question: If a player wants to create rituals...?

You get where I'm going?

CaBaNa

First Post
I'm pleased as punch about the PHB2's inclusion of Imprisonment as a ritual. It sets a precedent for rituals causing 'bad things' to happen to people--which fits with the Isle of O's schtick of using rituals to curse folk.

So...

How can we go about using this to create 'Isle of O' bad-things-happening-to-good-people rituals for the setting?

Which brings up another question: If a player wants to create rituals...?

You get where I'm going?

Snare is a pretty nifty little ritual, I'm not sure how it will play out in a game though.

KenHood

First Post
D'oh!

Sorry, looked through a bunch of books at the bookstore today and got mixed up. 'Imprisonment' was in the Arcane Power preview on the WOTC site.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Any new adventures starting up soon?.. I'm itching to get into some adventuring with my new L4W chara!
There should be more adventure happening as soon as the tavern has a party's worth of characters there. Unfortunately, yours is the only active PC waiting right now, but it shouldn't take too long to fill up again.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
D'oh!

Sorry, looked through a bunch of books at the bookstore today and got mixed up. 'Imprisonment' was in the Arcane Power preview on the WOTC site.
Alright, I was wondering if that's what happened :) I don't have DDI, so I don't know what the names of the Arcane Power rituals are.

Don Incognito

First Post
If there is a powerful ritual used by Oan wizards to make naughty things happen, chances are it uses sanguiduum, which is both hard to come by and morally reprehensible in its creation. I came up with the idea to give a "mechanical" reason why villians are constantly undertaking ancient, evil rituals that don't appear in their ritual book when the PCs kill him and take it. If it is a ritual from O that does very very naughty things, it uses sanguiduum.

Remove ads