L4W Discussion Thread III

Rathan

First Post
*le sighs* I saw this.. and unfortunately the same thing happened to me when I started playing the 3.0/3.5 Living EnWorld game LOL.... I guess I'll have to hurry up and wait LOL... again heh

I guess that's ok though as I need a second approver to get fully approved as it is..... meh....

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
WTF Druid is the only controller class missing a ranged basic at-will...:rant:
Yeah, but they're also the only controller class with a significant amount of melee powers (or any at all). I guess the value of that depends on ... er ... how valuable you think that is.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Eh, rathan, my second character will enter the Tavern in a while if that comforts you... ;)

So, going with the eladrin warlord? Very nice choice, if so. :)

Must... resist... urge... to create... second... PC... before getting... PHB2.

Must... also... stop... typing... haltingly... ;)

Atanatotatos

First Post
So, going with the eladrin warlord? Very nice choice, if so. :)

Must... resist... urge... to create... second... PC... before getting... PHB2.

Must... also... stop... typing... haltingly... ;)

Yeah I'm typing the sheet in that hellish template (it's a great template, really, but it makes my ayes hurt in editing form :heh:)
And yeah, I find myself gloating when a nice tactical formation or choice leads to victory. Tactical warlords are encounter-winners. Plus, they let the others think it was them to do all the work. Gotta love that.
I'd love to make a bard too, and I can't wait to see how it is (tomorrow I will, hopefully), but I'd have to wait at least three months and a half or so, and I want to play a warlord NOW! :D

KenHood

First Post
If there is a powerful ritual used by Oan wizards to make naughty things happen, chances are it uses sanguiduum, which is both hard to come by and morally reprehensible in its creation.

Pft. You might as well go all out and say they require the souls of newborn babies swaddled in the souls of drowned kittens and puppies sprinkled with the unrealized hopes and tattered dreams of elderly hobos that died of hypothermia and starvation on Christmas Eve.

Why do bad magical things need fancy names?

---

Isle of O 'curse' rituals (such as permanently transmuting an individual into sheep) do require...
  1. A 'true name' that describes the subject of the spell (requiring several days of research, minimum).
  2. Items associated with the target or body fluids or fingernails or hair, et al. (Law of Contagion)
  3. Some sort of effigy or 'stand-in' for the target. (Law of Similarity)

garyh

First Post
Tactical warlords are awesome. Completely.

That said, I played around with a tiefling bard in the Character Builder using the preview info on the bard, and it looks really cool. And the idea of having 18s in Charisma and Int, leading from afar with shield and wand, hindering enemies as well as aiding allies, having superfantastic skills, and being able to effectively multiclass into warlock AND wizard is very appealing.

Remove ads