Once, Twice, Three times a Hive

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Warlock

Explorer
People are what people are. Sometimes they do foolish things, or thoughtless things, or downright cruel things.

It's an internet forum, even the most honest and forthright person isn't showing every aspect of themselves.

The anonymity of the internet fosters those negative effects as well as positive benefits.

Feel pity for the person who felt that extensive lying to manipulate emotions on a community forum was the best use of his time, and move on.

Really, in the end, all he proved was that even the most suspicious and cynical amongst us are caring, thoughful, empathetic and sympathetic human beings. Yay us. ;)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Oh for crying out loud. What is up with all of this tomfoolery?

A fake coma?
A fake recovery?
A fake identity?
Multiple accounts?

I know that this is the internet, and as such, we should all be immediately skeptical of every single word we read on it. And I know that we are all experienced roleplayers here, so pretending to be someone else is something that comes natural to us. And I know that accounts are cheap, anyone can claim to be anything here. I get it.

But just because something CAN be done, doesn't indicate that it SHOULD be done. I don't know what we did to deserve all of this manipulation and mistreatment. But I am officially done with it. I don't need this kind of drama.

Goldmoon

First Post
And another thing. If several of you were suspicious of Rev/Hare why the hell didnt someone tell me? Is there anyone else I should be looking out for?

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
And another thing. If several of you were suspicious of Rev/Hare why the hell didnt someone tell me? Is there anyone else I should be looking out for?
I was hoping I was wrong. I didn't say anything to anyone until the crap hit the fan. We're not all conspiring against you. We're not trying to leave you out.

Ginnel

Explorer
It's an internet forum, even the most honest and forthright person isn't showing every aspect of themselves.

Really, in the end, all he proved was that even the most suspicious and cynical amongst us are caring, thoughful, empathetic and sympathetic human beings. Yay us. ;)
Nice post :)

Though I can actually prove that I am who I say I am (a pretty active facebook account can lead to that ;) ) and I've pretty much bared all there is to bare here :p Well except that, cause the forum rules don't support it ;)

The_Warlock

Explorer

Not I.

I was no more distrusting or suspicious of those posts than any other unverified internet communication because 1) I had no reason to be extremely skeptical, and 2) I'm not on frequently enough to read all the posts and bother to correlate dates/times.

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
I did find myself thinking that Desert Hare was from Arizona even though "she" said she was from Maine(Because of the name). I sort of had my initial suspicions seeing as how "she" showed up right after Rev got "sick", but I dismissed them.

Oh well.:-S

I do not think anyone is trying to hide anything from you Goldmoon, I thought Desert Hare was real too.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I was completely taken in up until the very end.

I missed a bit, so I was away for the post about Rev muttering Faerunian diety names in his sleep. I didn't see it until he had already "woken up". When I looked back at it, it looked highly suspect.

1) Why would you post random mutterings of a person in a coma.
2) If you're not a gamer, they won't seem like real words.
3) Even with the "phonetic" spelling, they were still extremely recognizable.

But by that time, he was back. So why bring it up?

But Desert Hare took me in hook, line and sinker.

*sigh*

. . . do we have a full list of who else we should assume was an alt of Rev?

Desert Hare we know.
Demongirl?
Duskblade?

If you look at his PbP games, he seems to have a thing for female characters. Demongirl is the female Galeros, and Duskblade was Anti-DuMadde.

. . .

Maybe I'm just paranoid now. Maybe not. :erm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases