Once, Twice, Three times a Hive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I did find myself thinking that Desert Hare was from Arizona even though "she" said she was from Maine(Because of the name). I sort of had my initial suspicions seeing as how "she" showed up right after Rev got "sick", but I dismissed them.

Oh well.:-S

I do not think anyone is trying to hide anything from you Goldmoon, I thought Desert Hare was real too.
Desert Hare said she grew up in Arizona but moved to Maine at 14. Froggy even tried to get hooked up with her sister/brother.

That whole story about the brother was something else.

Ginnel

Explorer
I was completely taken in up until the very end.

I missed a bit, so I was away for the post about Rev muttering Faerunian diety names in his sleep. I didn't see it until he had already "woken up". When I looked back at it, it looked highly suspect.

1) Why would you post random mutterings of a person in a coma.
2) If you're not a gamer, they won't seem like real words.
3) Even with the "phonetic" spelling, they were still extremely recognizable.

But by that time, he was back. So why bring it up?

But Desert Hare took me in hook, line and sinker.

*sigh*

. . . do we have a full list of who else we should assume was an alt of Rev?

Desert Hare we know.
Demongirl?
Duskblade?

If you look at his PbP games, he seems to have a thing for female characters. Demongirl is the female Galeros, and Duskblade was Anti-DuMadde.

. . .

Maybe I'm just paranoid now. Maybe not. :erm:
Yeah I saw the highly unlikelyness of the coma thing but thought I'll give my support its not gonna hurt me one way or the other.

It'd be nice to get a list from a Mod of all the alts he used just to know

The_Warlock

Explorer
Ginnel said:
Nice post :)

Thank you. Just because I'm a cynic doesn't mean I can't look on the bright side. Besides, if there's one thing this little stunt has proved, it's that this community is definitely full of Class-A people.

Ginnel said:
Well except that...

Thank goodness!

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I was completely taken in up until the very end.

I missed a bit, so I was away for the post about Rev muttering Faerunian diety names in his sleep. I didn't see it until he had already "woken up". When I looked back at it, it looked highly suspect.

1) Why would you post random mutterings of a person in a coma.
2) If you're not a gamer, they won't seem like real words.
3) Even with the "phonetic" spelling, they were still extremely recognizable.

But by that time, he was back. So why bring it up?

But Desert Hare took me in hook, line and sinker.

*sigh*

Desert Hare we know.
Demongirl?
Duskblade?

If you look at his PbP games, he seems to have a thing for female characters. Demongirl is the female Galeros, and Duskblade was Anti-DuMadde.

. . .

Maybe I'm just paranoid now. Maybe not. :erm:
Only way to be sure is to have a mod or admin look at their IP addresses and see if they match with Rev's. That's how we or Blackrat rather caught Hare. I'm not certain that they are alts. If they are he slipped up with Hare but has been pretty good with the others.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Oh man, things are getting deep!:eek:

Am I real? Are you real?:eek:
For the record, I am real. I'm not quite certain on how we go around proving it though. I kinda want a 'Certified 100% Genuine Hiver' tag, but it's probably just a pipe dream.

Tinker Gnome

Explorer

Desert Hare we know.
Demongirl?
Duskblade?

I too am wondering if Demongirl and Duskblade were really Rev alts.:hmm:

I think that guy called "Superfeak"(Meant to be "Superfreak" but there was a typo) is also a Rev alt given "his" connection to Desert Hare.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Only way to be sure is to have a mod or admin look at their IP addresses and see if they match with Rev's. That's how we or Blackrat rather caught Hare.
Yeah, I know. Maybe we can see if anyone would do that for us.
If they are he slipped up with Hare but has been pretty good with the others.
Well some of the others (if they are alts) are more broad parodies. Looking at the membership of the Hive group just makes me wonder about some of them. I'm not going to name any more names just in case I am cast wild aspersions. But there's a fair number of very brief posters who came, posted a lot, and then disappeared. Many of them have names that seem derivative of other Hivers. And some of them have stories that seem . . . unlikely. And certainly none of them posted pictures of themselves. I understand that there are defininte reasons that some people don't wish to do so . . . it just leaves that always lingering doubt.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I think that was just to reel me in.

I don't think anyone was excluding me on purpose, I just feel foolish for not seeing it myelf.
I don't think it was to reel you in. I'm the one that took the bait and tried to be supportive.

We see what we want to see. Most of us have shown a great deal of trust in our friend here. Heck you and Hafrogman both have my home address. You know how foolish that was of me? I'm still nervous about that but at the same time I thought I was trusting friends. I hope I was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads