• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

One Dark Night in Weeping Briar?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
M'eh. Series of linked encounters. Nice thing was the battle matt.

Personally, I thought that the battlemat was horrible. The "altar" in the final encounter was just a bunch of boxes and the mill was even worse. For the millstone they just used the same image as the fountain! As if putting the millstone at ground level in a mill wasn't stupid enough... :hmm:

Shroomy

Adventurer
Personally, I thought that the battlemat was horrible. The "altar" in the final encounter was just a bunch of boxes and the mill was even worse. For the millstone they just used the same image as the fountain! As if putting the millstone at ground level in a mill wasn't stupid enough... :hmm:

The altar thing really frustrated me. We were rushing through the encounter and I don't think our DM really described it in any great detail (or I wasn't listening, probably the latter), so I didn't know there were any dangers until my character hopped up onto it. If an evil altar was actually depicted as an evil altar, I may have hesitated or at least asked the DM for a description of what it looked like. To me, it just looked like a raised wooden platform.

Festivus

First Post
I didn't think it was the best of adventures I have read. And to assume 3 hours to complete was a joke. I ran it twice and cut both the badly written skill challenge and the second encounter in order to fit it into a 4 hour timeslot. All in all, I don't think it's worth seeking out.

I really REALLY hope that Wizards reconsiders using level 11 pregens for events like this. I had 5 or 6 new to 4E players who really needed help from experienced 4E players, where if they made it level 3-5 it would have been a lot easier and still showed that there is a lot more to 4E than what a level 1 adventure can reveal.

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
I personally enjoyed jumping in at paragon tier, as I hadn't played 4e above level 3 before this weekend. It was a nice change of pace. I do agree, however, that two pages full of powers and other stuff would've been a lot to keep track of if I wasn't already experienced w/4e.

Remove ads