Paladin/Warlock - Combined Implement?

LostSoul

Adventurer
After a TPK, one of the players is making a Tiefling Paladin with Warlock multi-class. Here's what I'm considering: letting him use his Holy Implement as his Warlock Implement.

Fluff-wise it works for me, Raven Queen blah blah blah.

Is this a bad idea?

Baron Opal

First Post
It is an advantage but how much of one I'm not sure yet. Given how feat intensive mult-classing is, it's probably a wash. You are only expected to pay for one implement at a time and you are spending a feat for each warlock power. As long as the synergy isn't too much I would expect it is fine.

I've been planning a half-elf or human paladin / star-pact warlock. I'll have engraved my sword with a particular sigil so I can walk up to my foe and say, "well met, my friend. Have you seen the Yellow Sign? No?" *whack*

Last edited:

fissionessence

First Post
This isn't so much an advantage as it is a lack of a penalty. It seems fine to me. I generally prefer to stick to the rules (ie not even being able to use any implement for my half-elf dilettante wizard power :(), but as long as you don't mind doing it, it's not going to break anything.

The main penalty otherwise would be monetary. A lack of money to pay for both implements would, in turn, cause a tactical penalty.

~

ppaladin123

Adventurer
There is already a holy symbol, "the star of corellon," which can be used as an implement for any arcane power so there is precedence for this.

I see no problem with creating a similar holy symbol for the Raven Queen.

Tantriel

First Post
I don't know if it's of any interest to you or your player, but Adamant Entertainment have done a nifty new Warlock Pact, in their Venture 4th series, called 'Pact of the Angelic Choirs'.

Gaining 'Warlock' powers, from a celestial source could be cool, even if it is only used for fluff.

CapnZapp

Legend
There is already a holy symbol, "the star of corellon," which can be used as an implement for any arcane power so there is precedence for this.

I see no problem with creating a similar holy symbol for the Raven Queen.
Good find! (It's in Adventurer's Vault)

Note the "hidden" cost of this power though: your holy symbol does not get to have any other power or property.

Remove ads