D&D (2024) The Cleric should be retired

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
And halflings... are just variant gnomes in my world. :eek:
halflings are, (in a general sense not your world specifically,) eternal 35-year olds, that point in life where they either want one of three things: to take it slow and enjoy life, knuckle under and really establish themselves in a good position in their career or are having a midlife crisis and doing something really eccentric

osarusan

Explorer
This leads me to an interesting thought exercise... You could have three Base Classes with four subclasses organized around Martial, Primal, Divine, and Arcane.

Warrior (Battlemaster, Ranger, Paladin, Hexblade)
Expert (Assassin, Scout, Priest, Bard)
Spellcaster (Evoker, Druid, Cleric, Wizard)

Or something like that!
Or even just...

Fighter
Thief
Magic-User

Hmmmm....

Yaarel

He Mage
My demihumans are all physically grown around age 20 but are considered adults later than humans. They can be compared to different human age archetypes.

Elves are eternal late teens. From the angst to the enthusiasm, the slim build, the flowering talent, the physical attractiveness and mercurial (chaotic) natures of teens.

Dwarves are eternal 50-year-olds. With a parental attitude towards the other races, a gruff "I know better" attitude, and consummate skill in whatever they specialize in.

Gnomes are eternal 10-year-olds on the inside. They have the endless energy and curiosity of precocious children.

And halflings... are just variant gnomes in my world. :eek:

Orcs don't really fit this pattern, as they are the archetype of the hostile "other", that which is seen from the outside and appears alien. No Orc PCs in my games.
Maybe at least one of the Orc cultures celebrates those thrill seekers who are in their eternal 20s?

These are the daredevils that do things like climb the highest mountain − just to do it. And then jump off it to see if they can fly in a wingsuit.

"Going viral" in fame might be a fun part of this culture.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
FF14 is actual staff only. Or wand and shield. Dedicated healer in the tank/dps/healer mmo trinity.
I'm not sure I'd call the Green DPS, who harvests the pain and suffering of my group to nourish the Blood Lily, to be the dedicated healer...

The group gets healed so my big DPS ability does More Damage

Laurefindel

Legend
I don't think that's acceptable on account of a monastery not being general enough. i.e. It's too specific to a few religions.
Really? I was under the impression that monastism (?) was one of the most widely shared religious concepts.

If you look at the typical Christian-type monastery with life-time monks making beer and cheese, I agree that's pretty specific, but monastery as the concept of a secluded place to dedicate oneself to spiritual life is pretty universal, I think.

Remove ads