Pain Pride and Prejudice

Tiali

First Post
Round 3 Finish

Scartail, being flanked and stung by two imps hisses loudly. On top of that, he has begun to feel slightly woozy from the sting on his back. It may have been the confusion, or the woozy feeling, but he thrashed out in his anger and missed both of the laughing beasties. They continue to taunt and mock him with their laughter and prodding.

Michael turns to look at the kids and sees, to his horror, that the boy has blacked out, Most likely from the poison, and his wounds are bleeding freely. With the little girl pinned underneath his larger frame, neither of them are going anywhere soon. So he charges his blast and fires at the imp fighting with Arthur, then screams "Arthur, This way!" (2)

Seamus salutes Torl, and runs towards Scartail. "I gotcher back, scayles!" he assures as he swipes at the imp behind Scartail. (6)

Rungner chases down another of the imps, "Face me instead you cowards," and once again swipes his huge sword, and cleaves the little beastie entirely in half. Green goo sprays evereywhere.

Round 4 - Beginning

Torl voices his approval "Good job on that wolf, buddy." and turns towards the crowd. He sees a laughing imp jumping on a mans back as he lays in the grass, biting and stinging multiple times. In his anger at the sight, Torl charges straight at the imp, and swings mightily. "We'll kill you all, demon-imps!" he screams as he cleaves the little beast from right shoulder to left hip. The green goo that once was the imp covers the man's back. He's alive, but in much pain.

The four imps remaining don't seem to understand that the tides have turned, and they continue their onslaught on the crowd and Scartail. The imp in front of Scartail attacks him once again, while the one behind him finds a new victim in Seamus. (20 attack: Scartail) (18 attack: Seamus) (5 damage for Scartail) (1 damage for Seamus + Fort Save)

The arching eldrich blast hit Arthur's attacker between the shoulder blades, and the imp falls to the ground. You can see him convulsing on the ground with what looks like electricity coursing through his body. Arthur takes this moment to run over to Michael, and help protect the children.

The last imp chases down a child and is cut down by the newly formed defensive line. It seems that Barnibus has gathered the few town militia around him, and has formed a defensive line to protect the retreating townsfolk. Father Iden appears behind Michael and Arthur, and kneels next to the boy and girl. "Their hurt bad, but their still alive." he says before beginning the prayer that will stem the flow of the boy's lifeblood.

[sblock=OOC]
Wolf - Dead
Imp 1,2,4,7,9,10,11 - Dead
Imp 3 (2) attacked Seamus with an 18 for 1 damage, fort save needed if it hit
Imp 5 (8) took 2 damage from eldrich blast and is stunned.
Imp 6 (2) retreated last round
Imp 8 (10) hit Scartail with a 20 for 5 damage. 2 damage taken
Imp 12 (10) has taken another 2 damage for a total of 4. Continues his attack on crowd.

Effects:
Torl 1 con poison
Arthur 1 con poison
Boy 2 con poison
Scartail 1 con poison

Need a fort save from Seamus if 18 hits.

No AoO provoked this round.

Lets post quick for the last round!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Scartail was becoming rather frustrated with his inability to properly lash out at these imps, hissing angrily as he was struck AGAIN. Still facing the imp that he and the Draconic man had both been near, Scartail was further enraged to see the imp turn it's back on him to attack the other man.

"I'm sstill here!" He hissed, thrusting his spear for it's ribcage before moving in to bite the creature.

[sblock]
Attempt to spear imp 3 in the back, then bite him.
[/sblock]
[sblock]1d20+8=21, 1d8+6=14, 1d20+3=14, 1d4+4=6

Spear attack: 21(19 if I'm not flanking as I thought I was); Spear Damage: 14
Bite Attack: 14(12 if I'm not flanking as I thought I was); Bite Damage: 6

If Imp 3 is dead before Scartail's attacks, attack the other Imp within melee range? If you need separate rolls, lemme know and I'll do them.

Scartail's Condition-
HP: 17-5=12 HP
AC: 17 (2 from Dexterity, 5 from natural armor)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Switching to the Vigor Aura

Seamus gets nicked by the little beastie, and the imp gets a small shock from the arc of electricity leaping off of Seamus' light injury. The highlander frowns for a moment, then Scartail turns around and butchers the imp, so Seamus says "Let's surround t'other one!", steps around to the side, and thrusts with his dagger at the remaining imp by Scartail. However, by the time he gets in position, the imp is ready and easily dodges his hasty stab with the short dagger.

As he moves, Seamus calls out "Doon' worry 'bout the wound-eyd, I'll heylp! Trust mey! Jes' treat the poison!"
[sblock=ooc]Move around to the side of the imp, on the side closer to the children, and attack once. Swift action to change his aura from Electricity Shield 2 to Vigor 1, so starting on Seamus' turn, everyone within 60 feet except the imps gets Fast Healing 1 as long as they have no more than half their max HP.

Fortitude save: 22!
1d20+5=22

Attack and damage rolls: 9 to hit for 5 damage, dangit (this is why Seamus needs to flank for any decent chance to hit.....)
1d20+4=9, 1d4+2=5

Seamus' status: HP 35 / 36, AC 11, one dose of imp-creature-poison[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
"Thank you, father. I'll be back." Michael tosses his shield to Arthur, and grips his maul firmly in two hands as he moves swiftly to the one he'd just shot and takes a mighty swing. As the arcane energy courses down the length of the weapon though, Michael stops short, a flash appearing before his eyes, the imp-like beast replaced for just an instant with the helples forms of the family he'd killed those two years ago.

With a slight crackle the energy dissipates from his maul and he staggers back a step, shaking the visions clear. When he looks up at the beasty again, his eyes are resolute and his gaze firm.

[sblock=combat]
Eldritch Golf Swing (1d20+6=7, 1d10+6+2d6=24)
Nat 1 :(
Michael: AC 19, HP 17
Heh, even pulling a nat 1 a warlock can still look badass. :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Torl chokes back vomit as green goo sprays everywhere. He moves to the nearest living imp and hacks at it. "We've almost gotten all of them." he says. "Keep it up, everyone!"

[sblock=OOC]Torl's next attack is against the nearest imp attacking townsfolk. If he has to move more than five feet, he'll try to charge it and power-attack off the charge to-hit bonus. Either way, it's another crit threat that probably confirms: Attack: 1d20+7=25, 2d4+6=10 Crit confirm: 1d20+7=21, 2d4+6=13[/sblock]

Tiali

First Post
Round 4 End

-Scartail was becoming rather frustrated with his inability to properly lash out at these imps, hissing angrily as he was struck AGAIN. Still facing the imp that he and the Draconic man had both been near, Scartail was further enraged to see the imp turn it's back on him to attack the other man.

"I'm sstill here!" He hissed, thrusting his spear into its ribcage. The imp dissolves on the spear, and leaves a nasty green pool of goo on the ground.

-"Thank you, father. I'll be back." Michael tosses his shield to Arthur, and grips his maul firmly in two hands as he moves swiftly to the one he'd just shot and takes a mighty swing. As the arcane energy courses down the length of the weapon though, Michael stops short, a flash appearing before his eyes, the imp-like beast replaced for just an instant with the helples forms of the family he'd killed those two years ago.

With a slight crackle the energy dissipates from his maul and he staggers back a step, shaking the visions clear. When he looks up at the beasty again, his eyes are resolute and his gaze firm. He swung his heavy glowing maul, but he couldn't shake the memory, and it completely missed the imp.

-Seamus gets nicked by the little beastie, and the imp gets a small shock from the arc of electricity leaping off of Seamus' light injury. The highlander frowns for a moment, then Scartail turns around and butchers the imp, so Seamus says "Let's surround t'other one!", steps around to the side, and thrusts with his dagger at the remaining imp by Scartail. However, by the time he gets in position, the imp is ready and easily dodges his hasty stab with the short dagger.

As he moves, Seamus calls out "Doon' worry 'bout the wound-eyd, I'll heylp! Trust mey! Jes' treat the poison!"

-Rungner keeps chopping up imps in the crowd.

Round 5 Beginning

-Torl chokes back vomit as green goo sprays everywhere. He moves to the nearest living imp and hacks it to bits. "We've almost gotten all of them." he says. "Keep it up, everyone!"

-Only one imp remains on the battlefield, and it tries to tumble into a standing position, but it stumbles as Michael's maul whips past, leaving a wide opening. Michael twists his wrists and brings the maul back in for one more swing. The maul takes the beastie in the chest, and sprays its thick dying green goo all around the area.

-Arthur stands guard over the boy, as Father Iden takes this time to go to the worst of the injured and offer some support.

-Barnibus and the defensive line see that only one remains standing. One moves towards Michael to assist, while Barnibus and the others move from each fallen victim to the next attempting to help stem wounds.

[sblock=OOC]
Wolf - Dead
Imp 1,2,3,4,7,8,9,10,11,12 - Dead
Imp 5 (8) missed Michael with a 6 roll.
Imp 6 (2) retreated
Imp 8 died to Torl
Imp 12 died to Rungner

Michael gets AoO as imp stands from prone. Tumble did not succeed with a 13. To end the round I rolled this. Rolled a 10 + 6, 16 hit. Mimimum damage would have killed it, so I did not roll.

Effects:
Torl 1 con poison
Arthur 1 con poison
Boy 2 con poison
Scartail 1 con poison

Combat Over
[/sblock]

Tiali

First Post
As the adrenaline dies, and you all realize that the combat is indeed done for the time being, you look around you. There are 8 common folk on the ground, bleeding or wounded. They are being tended by either Foz, the Bromes brothers or a militia soldier.

Father Iden and Barnibus are kneeling next to the wounded boy and his sister. They are trying to calm them down...

"They got him Father, don't you understand?" The boy struggles to stand even though his leg most likely wont hold him. Barnibus and Father Iden attempt to calm him down. "Those black bastards got little Mikey! We gotta go after them!"

Hearing this, one of the mothers, most likely little Mikey's, gasps, and begins crying.

On the battlefield, Arthur seems in a rage. "Where the HELL are the soldiers!" Looking around, his words are confirmed when you do not see a single soldier in sight. He promptly brings his fist down on one of the makeshift festival stands, and it breaks under his rage.

Theroc

First Post
Scartail was relieved as he finally managed to vent some of his anger into the imps, which subsequently turned into green goo following the blows. Turning to find another imp to impale, Scartail noticed that there were none left. A few of the other more uncommon patrons of the celebration where mopping up the resistance.

Scartail nodded to Seamus as he sheathed his spear. "Many thankss..." Scartail decided to introduce himself to the man who assisted him directly, before going to retrieve his shortspear. "I am called Scartail... and you... I get a feeling from you... almost like we're kin... are you touched by the Great Serpents?" Scartail asked, waiting to listen to Seamus's reply before going to retrieve his shortspear. Aftermath wasn't something Scartail would be any good at. He can't, after all, cure poison or heal wounds... only inflict them. And apparently he's only mildly decent at that.

Arkhandus

First Post
Seamus O'Brady

"I dinnae think tha's quite the right way o' puttin' it, but aye, I 'ave a c'nection o' sorts t' the drah-gun tha' lords o'er mah houme. Mah oun choice," Seamus replies, followed by "Nessk vos tl'naurr," roughly 'well met' in Draconic.

The highlander wipes blood and imps' ichor off his dagger, sheathes it, and walks over to the boy and girl, still projecting his aura of vigor to slightly alleviate the pain of the wounded with Krainatherix's vitality, slowly sealing up their worst wounds and scabbing them over. He shifts focus for a moment on the dragon's commanding presence and calls out "Nae'body 'ere should be too bayd off. But this injustice caynot stand! The bloody soldiers did nary a thing t' heylp, an' one o' the beasties escayped! We should see if anyone eylse c'n be saved!" To the body, he asks quietly "Lad, whayre'd they attack yer freynd? If he or any'un eylse might stiel be alive, wey'll try ta save 'em." He puts a reassuring hand on the boy's shoulder, the one not wetted with imp's-ichor or wolf's blood. He mentally shifts the power leeched from Krainatherix back into vitality for the most-wounded townsfolk.
[sblock=ooc]Still projecting Vigor for now to stabilize the dying and mend what damage he can to the most badly-wounded in the crowd. Switching to Presence aura for a moment while he addresses the crowd and the boy, then back to Vigor aura right after asking his question.[/sblock]

Remove ads