LEB Discussion Thread '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekose13

Explorer
Another good side to a strict yes/no policy as opposed to nerfing things is that Character Builder campaign files can be created and posted for everyone using that tool to import. (.dndcamp files)

We'll also want to tackle what format/information character sheets will take. I helped work on the L4W character sheet in the wiki and they are admittedly a pain to update. I'd assume we want to follow LEB/L4W policy of including full information on character sheets for the ease of DMing, which would mean that we can't accept simple CB output files.

EDIT: but perhaps pdfs printed out from the Character Sheet viewer will full power cards would be possible... :)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
We'll also want to tackle what format/information character sheets will take. I helped work on the L4W character sheet in the wiki and they are admittedly a pain to update. I'd assume we want to follow LEB/L4W policy of including full information on character sheets for the ease of DMing, which would mean that we can't accept simple CB output files.
1) Not everyone uses the CB (not the folks here and in L4W that do not have DDI) and 2) the CB summary is not enough to adjudicate what is going on. The old fill form for LEB was worse than the Wiki, in my mind (at least for formating. :rant: tabs vs spaces)

EDIT: but perhaps pdfs printed out from the Character Sheet viewer will full power cards would be possible... :)
Except those describe exactly how to rebuild the power (2[w], etc.) and that has gotten folks in trouble before. I don't think just posting the CB sheets would be an issue legally, but it'd be nice if Wizard's clarified their position so we don't get Morrus in trouble. (Also, see my above point; not everyone will be using the CB).

EvolutionKB

First Post
I have DDI but not the CB, for some reason vista is stupid(imagine that)...or maybe it's just my computer. I really need to contact MS to figure it out.

stonegod

I have DDI but not the CB, for some reason vista is stupid(imagine that)...or maybe it's just my computer. I really need to contact MS to figure it out.
CB works fine on my copy of Vista running under Parallels on my MacBook. Yes, I love the fact that is windows only, can you tell? :hmm:

Might want to check wizards to see if they have some FAQs on the installation there. I know several people have problems initially (esp. if they had the demo).

renau1g

First Post
I have an issue with my home PC and conflicts surrounding the .NET Framework installation required. Luckily I have a work PC in XP to play around on.

As for nerfing, I agree with Oni, ban or accept as is.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Yeah, I tried messing with the.net framework stuff. I removed everything, tried to download the .net stuff, it said I was already upgraded *cool* go to download the CB and almost done downloading/installing and I get "wireless lan card has stopped working" and it cancels the install/download. I tried the whole process at least 3 times. Same thing happens each time.

stonegod

So what issues are still being discussed? What else needs to be done?
I need to go through the thread again, but I think we have (close to) consensus on major points. This is what the next few steps will likely be:
- A draft charter outlining the LEB rules will be put up
- Folks will discuss it
- LEB Judges will be picked
- Charter will be finalized
- Major threads/wiki pages will be put up
- We start taking adventure and character concepts
- Game on!

I'll likely put together the draft charter tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads