Off to War [IC]

Theroc

First Post
Seeing the man spitting multiple times, he frowned with disapproval. While that behaviour was alright among boys and occasionally men, that was not behaviour one should partake in while around a pretty girl, regardless of location. Even a simple farmboy knew that much...

He didn't do anything at the moment, besides grimace at the rude nature of these men. While Aidan was a simple boy, his father always made sure he knew there was a time and place for manners, and his mother made it quite clear anytime a girl or woman was around was that specific time and where you were standing was the place... Aidan made an effort to tail slightly closer, while the chances are she'd notice him if she hadn't noticed him already, the boy needed to have an idea of any threats may present themselves to the girl.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The old man looks stunned. "If Fallon can'ts help ye then ye just outs o' luck." he tells Lora and looks as if he may spit again.

"He knows everyone here that ain't arrived today, but in the mornin' you can bet a pig to a fig that he will know who is new in this here camp. And the Fart be as busy as he be, errand or no. " and with that the man spits again.

"And a good eve' to ye." he says getting up and taking the mended tack towards the horselines leaving Lora by his fire alone.

[sblock=Theroc]make a listen check DC 10 to hear what Lora said about being on an errand and the response above. Faliure means you just see the old man spit and leave lol [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
To Galphanore

As the old man turns to answer a bright light, like heat lighting flashes from about a mile inside the forest. "There did, did you see?" he says pointing in the direction of the light. "It must, must be them," he continues.

"But they, they are so far. To far for me." He looks up at Damon, "Here, here hold this." he says handing the torch to him and search through a pouch at his belt. "No time, time where is it?" he says looking into the pouch.

"Ah ha here, here it is," pulling forth a small crystal vial. He hands this to the big man as well. "Drink, drink the potion. And it will help, help speed you off towards Martomum and the others."

As the warrior looks on dumbfounded, the old man reaches for the cap on the torch. "And this, this will light your way." he says pulling the cap off to reveal a light bluish flame that gives off no heat but plenty of light.

[sblock=ooc]
If you decide to help the others please post a last post here of you entering the woods then you will not be able to post here in character till the Search in the Dark adventure is over: potion is Potion of Expedtious Retreat(lvl1) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=Listen Check]
1d20+3=6
RNG gods hate me...[/sblock]

Aidan STILL couldn't catch any of the conversation, and decided to get close enough that he would need to be deaf if he didn't hear the going-ons about her.

"This girl seems more lost than even I am..." The boy muttered, meandering about 20 feet away from the girl, too shy to introduce himself, especially seeing as the girl had stormed off in a huff, he simply hung around to make sure the girl remained safe. Not that the farmboy wanted to fight any soldiers, perhaps he could make enough of a ruckus to get the other soldiers to get one away, should they get outta line.

Galphanore

First Post
Damon looks slightly perplexed, takes the potion and quaffs it then takes the torch in one hand, draws a shortspear in the other and heads off at a jog toward where the light was.[sblock=OOC]I'll start reading the Search in the Dark thread where it is now, just post when I arrive and I'll pick up from there.[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora was perplexed so much that she didn't eve care about the spitting and the rudeness of the old man she had spoken to. The girl was sure she had recognized her brother's handwriting, and she had heard that the local militia regiment had moved off to some other location, so logic would dictate that Arthur should have been present in this camp.

When Lora heard someone scampering behind her, she quickly turned around to face him, grabbing the hilt of her glavie. "What do you want?" the girl hissed out, when she saw the same dark skinned lad that had been following her from the moment she spoke to the first old man.

Theroc

First Post
"What do you want?"

"Firstly, for you to take your hand away from your spear..." The boy replied, his hands resting at his sides, though he was ready to move into action at a moments notice. He had no desire to harm the girl, and intended merely to incapacitate, should she remain hostile.

"I'm just making sure a girl doesn't get herself into trouble alone while searching singlemindedly for one person..." Aidan replied, smiling sincerely.

[Sblock=Diplomacy?]
I wouldn't think a diplomacy roll would be needed for dealing with another PC, but if it is, lemme know and I'll roll it.[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora exhaled slowly, trying to calm herself down. She tilted her head to the side, her deep blue eyes drilling a hole in the lad in front of her. "I can take care of myself." - Lora's right hand slowly moved down from the handle of her glavie, but her left was resting on her spell component pouch.

"Also, I did not ask for your help, and i can hardly trust your motives. Be on your way, as my doings are none of your business."

Lora was perhaps overly hostile, but trust was in short supply with her, especially now when she had been so frustrated with her search for Arthur leading nowhere. She was also very annoyed that some part of her mind remarked on the fact, that this lad was quite handsome, and despite Lora's best efforts she could not completely quell the annoying thoughts.

Theroc

First Post
"I can take care of myself. Also, I did not ask for your help, and i can hardly trust your motives. Be on your way, as my doings are none of your business."

"One o' my lil' sisters used to tell me she could take care of herself all the time... until one day she nearly got eaten by a pack of wolves... after that, she let me watch over her whenever she went into the fores' ta gather firewood." Aidan smiled faintly as the girl continued, attempting to brush him off.

"Beg yer pardon miss, but as I intend to join this band here to earn some coin...
it sorta is my bizness wha' goes on... 'sides I dun' need a lady to ask fer help fer me ta give it. I jus' wanna make certain nothin' will happen to ya..."
The boy responded. His education was obviously not extremely high, but he was still obviously somewhat intelligent. He also still had his sincere and friendly smile decorating his face, which he hoped would eventually cause the girl to lower her aggressive stance towards him. His smile twitched a moment as he noticed an unsavory looking man approach.

"Seems we've company, miss..."

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Well knows ain't you the prettiest thing." comes a voice from behind Lora. Turning she sees a man of medium build and age looking at her in a very appreciative way. His face holds a scraggley beard and mustache, and his nose looks to have been broken several times. A scar rides his temple above his right eye back towards his right ear.

"I think I found me some fun here, no need to go lookin' in the woods after all." He stands somewhat away from the girl is hands, which look like they were used to pound nails into boards stand empty, but a short blade rests on his hip.

[sblock=Surprise Round]
Please roll initiatives and post a combat block with AC, HP, INIT, and spells for Lora. Aidan starts out with a partial action as he noticed the man coming up behind Lora (who is surprised). So go ahead and post Theroc you will go first as the man is reading an action. In invisible castle list "Encounter1 OtW"in the campaign slot (O-Off t-to W-War). And note I don't see this as a combat type encounter unless it esclates that way just someone diferent for Lora to vent at lol. [/sblock]

Remove ads