Lets try this again- 4E FR Campaign Guide

We ran a Maztica* campaign once. It was fun, but I had no clue it was Forgotten Realms. It seems well-suited to its own setting.

Regarding the 4E FR setting itself - I like the idea of the "returned Abeir".

*) Not only did we have a campaign, many years later I sometimes drove with my parents Daewoo Matiz to our game nights - it got quickly nicknamed as "Maztica" and presumed to be running on Human Blood. Well, considering the gas prices, that might have been an interesting alternative...

EATherrian

First Post
I'm running one now. I actually kind of like Returned Abeir.

The reason I ask is I wonder what tone you used in the game. I imagine a Returned Abeir campaign would be exciting, with all of the mystery of moving to a new world. Did any of your characters interact with the traditional Realms? I think that area has the most fuel for a good campaign in FR.

tsadkiel

Legend
The reason I ask is I wonder what tone you used in the game. I imagine a Returned Abeir campaign would be exciting, with all of the mystery of moving to a new world. Did any of your characters interact with the traditional Realms? I think that area has the most fuel for a good campaign in FR.

Can't help you there; the PCs are from Abeir, rather than characters who moved there. I've included references to Faerun, and the gnomish npc who accompanies the party is from there, but it's mostly all Abeir all the time.

As for tone, the game is centered in the Dusk Ports region, and I'm shooting for a mix of ancient Greek city states and Renaissance swashbuckling.

Remove ads