IG's "Those Left Behind" [OOC-2]

Friadoc

Explorer
It's all good, IG. I totally get the line of thought and while I enjoy the game and character, I enjoyed gaming and BSing with you all, more. :)

I can do that anywhere. ;)

Shayuri

First Post
Any chance I could bring Talashia into a 4rth Ed game with you?

Her concept is one of the few I have that fits -perfectly- into 4rth Ed. In fact, if anything, it's even better for her than 3rd is!

industrygothica

Adventurer
It's all good, IG. I totally get the line of thought and while I enjoy the game and character, I enjoyed gaming and BSing with you all, more. :)

I can do that anywhere. ;)
Thanks.

Any chance I could bring Talashia into a 4rth Ed game with you?

Her concept is one of the few I have that fits -perfectly- into 4rth Ed. In fact, if anything, it's even better for her than 3rd is!

There's a good chance that I'll run another 4e game after this one has run its course... you can absolutely bring Talashia in. Storm sorcerer, I'd assume?

-IG

Leif

Adventurer
There's a good chance that I'll run another 4e game after this one has run its course... you can absolutely bring Talashia in. Storm sorcerer, I'd assume?
Natch! With an air mephit Arcane Familiar at paragon level, when the level is appropriate. :)
Hey, if you don't mind, I'd sure like to join you. I'm having trouble finding a 4E game in which to be a PLAYER. And clerics are my favorite 4E class so far. (Though I confess that I want to try a Ranger, an Invoker, and a Warden ASAP!)

[And, also, IG, it's been great! But I totally understand how you feel.]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Thanks.

-IG

Is it just the edition that's got you wanting to wrap this game up, or are you feeling uninspired story / character-wise? I'm just wondering because, if you're thinking about doing a 4th edition game on the heels of this, how would you feel about some kind of pseudo-conversion on this game?

I think I'm probably one of the few people who hasn't even glanced at 4e, but if you're thinking wrap up would take a while anyway, I'd probably have time to figure out how the heck this 4e stuff works before we're done with the chaos beasts (which I understand wouldn't / aren't converted anyway). I do love this game to little pieces, and Shai even almost has a character arc that I'd love to keep fiddling with.

Actually, if it's the story but not the characters you're minding, we could always make a clean break at the wrap up / re-rolling point anyway, re-starting in a new locale after all the unpleasantness left behind. Heck, if you did do a jump-forward, some of the characters may have actually parted ways for a time, so it's almost like starting over. ;)

Okay, I'm pestering, but this is one of the longest-running games I'm in, so I'm a little attached. Obviously you shouldn't feel obligated or guilted, and I'm not even sure how the others would feel about the prospect, but just thought I'd float the idea.

Either way, thanks for ... yowza: three and a half years of awesome. :D

Shayuri

First Post
You know, a 4e conversion would be cool...though it may not be possible if IG wants to start fresh at 1st level. Talashia at 7th level in 3e is probably close to Talashia at 11th level in 4e (since she can't have Shazi before level 11).

That said, it'd be really cool to have these characters, who already have some ties together, to meet up again after having saved this city...what was its name again? ;)...from chaos beasts and organized crime.

Friadoc

Explorer
I'd be up to a 4e game, too, although I've not played it since before this past Summer. I was playing it (mostly running it) prior to that on a bi-weekly schedule, but vehicle issues took me from that group.

Anyhow, I'd be cool with it, too. If IG is. :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
regretfully all, i would not be interested in a 4e game of any kind. I know Leif is aware of my feeling toward the new edition, but I am not aware if any here know my feelings. suffice it to say that I will miss the game, players, dm and story if it were to leave, as it is sounding to happen in a few months.

I think I'm probably one of the few people who hasn't even glanced at 4e
I am with you on this. I have not even picked up a 4.x ed book

Leif

Adventurer
regretfully all, i would not be interested in a 4e game of any kind. I know Leif is aware of my feeling toward the new edition, but I am not aware if any here know my feelings. suffice it to say that I will miss the game, players, dm and story if it were to leave, as it is sounding to happen in a few months.

I am with you on this. I have not even picked up a 4.x ed book
Yer livin' in the PAST, DeWar! Get widda program, danggit! :D

But, now that he mentions it, IG, you could do a convert to Pathfinder, if you were so inclined....

Remove ads