IG's "Those Left Behind" [OOC-2]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Yer livin' in the PAST, DeWar! Get widda program, danggit! :D

But, now that he mentions it, IG, you could do a convert to Pathfinder, if you were so inclined....
I have been converting from pathfinder beta to pathfinder fina. I could argue that I AM getting with 'da program'

industrygothica

Adventurer
Story, edition, inspiration.. Yep, that's about it. ;)

Has it really been three and a half years? Geez, that's a feat in its own right around here. I never really considered myself a great DM, so it makes me wonder what's kept you all around so long.

You all know that I've been pulling the majority of the story out of dark and smelly places for probably at least two of those years. I've got a basic idea where we're headed, but only a shell. The original story I had planned out is so far gone it's unreal, since no one in this group even knows who Loddie and Vardi are, other than faint whispers.

Putting encounters together has become somewhat of a pain, just because I've gotten myself used to 4e. I LOVE that encounter system. I wouldn't mind playing in different editions, but I'd really prefer to stick to one for DMing. I dream of eventually writing an adventure or something to get published, so it seems logical to stick with the most current version (though I suppose Pathfinder is a viable option). I'd totally be up for a conversion, but I'd hate to lose DeWar in the process. I feel like we're a little family here. But if that's what you guys want to do, I'm all over it. I think there is enough material out now to get everyone converted to a passable likeness. I've never done paragon levels before, but it seems like that'd make the most sense to start.

With any luck, a bit of inspiration will hit, and at the very least we'll be able to save Irongate with a bang!

Leif

Adventurer
Yeah, it'd be shame to lose DeWar. Awww, come on, S.D! PLay 4E with us, pleeeeeease??

Paragon? Uulark isn't 10th level, he's.. ummm, waitaminit ... got it right here somewhere ... 8th, right? I played an epic level game very briefly some months ago, back when I had absolutely no idea what I was doing with 4E. It was a mess. The DM, Atanatotatos, did a good job with it, though.

IDEA: DeWar can use Pathfinder rules, and the rest of us will play 4E! What a genius idea! :D

Friadoc

Explorer
While Pathfinder is my preference (the bulk of my freelance work right now is with Pathfinder or Arcana Evolved), I've played 4e since it came out and...it's playable. My preference is Pathfinder, mind you, but I make my adjustments based on whom I play with, more than system.

You've been some of the more enjoyable folks I've gamed with on here and I'd love to continue to do so, in some way, form or what not.

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia works in Pathfinder too...an Air Elemental Bloodline Sorceror...though the progression isn't exactly the same as her PrC, it's close enough to satisfy me.

I'm easy, really. 3.5e...pathfinder...4e... What makes a game fun or unfun isn't the system, it's the people...players, GM's and characters. You guys are fun, and your characters are fun. Therefore I'd feel good about playing even a system I hated with ya. A good group makes a bad system fun! :)

jkason

First Post
I've been playing in a few Pathfinder games, so I'm marginally more familiar with that than with 4e; all the games are 1st or 2nd level, though, and I don't think I've touched the Pathfinder druid yet, but I'm game. I don't have any ill will toward 4e so much as I haven't had funds to lay out on game supplements for quite some time, and since 4e doesn't have an SRD like 3.5 or Pathfinder, and there were enough of those to keep me entertained, I haven't really thought in its direction.

Honestly, like Shayuri, I don't really have a system preference so much as a preference for the folks and characters and story (or our ability to side-track said story and force more improv from IG ;) ).

I'd hate to lose DeWar, too, but if Pathfinder's just as onerous for IG as far as encounter-generation as 3.5e, or if it still provides the split-edition focus that's plaguing him, I wouldn't imagine converting to it's likely to solve the underlying problem of IG's not enjoying the DMing. Of course, I don't DM, so I have no insight whatsoever into what's easy or difficult.

In the end, I gues, whatever system means we keep having the crazy fun, I'm up for. :D

jason

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
encounter design problems? check out wulf ratbane's trailblazer system. Somewhere around her. on enworld. I will find here eventually.....

Has it really been three and a half years? Geez, that's a feat in its own right around here. I never really considered myself a great DM, so it makes me wonder what's kept you all around so long.

the answer is simple and i am sure all of us will agree. You are a great dm. plain and simple. If you feel drawn to 4.e, then don't feel compelled to sacrifice sanity for the group or the one (in this case, me) You can find a replacement for me, the player. Heck, ask Rhun to take over in my slot! just don't let leif lure him into random chattieness, like he does every where.

*ducks as book is thrown at me*

industrygothica

Adventurer
Yes, I've had several adventures with Ruhn. Much like a few other folks, he's pretty much got an open invitation to any of my games to use whenever he wants.

I'd be up for playing a Pathfinder game, but not for DMing. As jkason pointed out, it really wouldn't solve my problem, if indeed that is what it is (a problem).

Regardless, I will run a 4e game when this one is finished, and it will be set in my brand new homebrew world, so that you all can help me build it. I might just drop Irongate in there and say we've been there all along. And, SD, should you ever change your mind, just knock, and the door will open.

What's on the other side is an entirely different story...

[sblock=OOC]But in the mean time, we've got another game to finish![/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Alrighty, then: need to budget to get some 4e material. Bouncing around online, it looks like both Druid and Barbarian aren't actually in the Players handbook, though both are in Players Handbook 2. Question: does PH2 have the basic game mechanics in it, or do I need to actually get both books in order to know what I'm doing?

jason

industrygothica

Adventurer
Alrighty, then: need to budget to get some 4e material. Bouncing around online, it looks like both Druid and Barbarian aren't actually in the Players handbook, though both are in Players Handbook 2. Question: does PH2 have the basic game mechanics in it, or do I need to actually get both books in order to know what I'm doing?

jason

Get PH2 first... the rest can be winged, I think.

Remove ads