D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g) - Page 7


What's on your mind?

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dekana View Post
    Jezebel takes the lead once outside. She enjoys the cool rain against her skin, and she lets it show. "The gods favor us today. We could not ask for better weather to complete this task in." She turns to face the party, still walking backwards slowly. "Alnar, so I'm clear on the plan: we're just smashing in the front door and going in? I'd like to start planning on whether or not I can walk openly in the city after this."
    I think we should be more quiet, we don't want to attract unwanted attention. It might be better to go in back, some place that looks close to where the papers are stored. A window could work too. I could melt the lock off with my magic if nobody can pick the locks.
    ooc
    I don't think we should carry any light sorce until we get in. I can carry the sun rod after that. The only thing I would use the staff for is to knock someone out.

    The marching order looks good. Also, do we know if there will be people there or is it closed?
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

 

  • #62
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    pacdidj's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    852
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore pacdidj
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Luinnar View Post
    ooc
    I don't think we should carry any light sorce until we get in. I can carry the sun rod after that. The only thing I would use the staff for is to knock someone out.

    The marching order looks good. Also, do we know if there will be people there or is it closed?
    ooc
    As soon as I get confirmation from Phoenix and Atriden on marching order and light sources, we'll switch to working off a map, and I'll update with more info about the scene at the custom's office.
    L4W: Auntie Mab and Fierro | LEB: Kalimashtri

  • #63
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Atriden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    469
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Atriden
    OOC

    I have had a pretty busy day, but I will promise to find time to post later this evening

  • #64
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,439
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    My communities:

    ooc
    Proposed marching order and light carrying sounds good to me. Bann-ur can move to protect front or back easily from the middle.

  • #65
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    ooc

    I can judge this one pacdidj. I was waiting to see if I could get in first.

  • #66
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    pacdidj's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    852
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore pacdidj
    My communities:

    Atriden
    No prob. I'm going to assume Garry is okay with the marching order and lighting, just to move things along a bit. Let me know if otherwise and I'll retcon this post.

    renau1g
    Thanks! Happy to have you aboard. Hey do you know a way to edit the thread title to indicate you as judge?


    At the Customs Office

    Your group continues northwards on Carenvale Blvd. You arrive at the address the barkeep told you of about half an hour past the bell of eventide (meaning that most public offices and stores are now closed). Though the visibility is decidedly poor as you approach the Customs Office, the light of a nearby streetlamp reveals a guard standing under an awning next the the small stairway leading up to the front door of the office. He does not appear to be one of the Daunton City Watch, but rather a hired security guard. He is also much younger than most in the private security profession.

    You can also plainly see by the light of the nearby streetlamp that the guard is standing right next to a large, bell-like contraption mounted to the outer wall of the Customs Office.

    Arcana 14
    You recognize the device as a type of magical alarm system. The bell bears an enchantment that causes its ring to be heard in the ears of all law enforcement personnel in a 4 block radius. It must however be rung by hand, hence the guard.


    You stop just out of the light cast by the closest streetlamp, right past an alleyway on the south side of the office. The guard hasn't noticed your party yet, but it is likely he will react to any unexpected noise coming from within the office, unless someone distracts him somehow...

    Perception 12
    As you passed by the alleyway you noticed a faint light pouring out of what must be a side window of the office at L4 (see attached map).

    Low-light vision
    You also notice another window into the office at G1, though it is much closer to the guard.


    Skill Challenge - OOC to all
    Unless someone decides at some point to use force, this encounter will proceed for the time being as a skill challenge. I don't need initiative from anybody yet. However, please follow turn structure in your posts for now. I.e. you can only move your character's speed, and you can take one minor, one standard, and several free actions per post. Use the attached map for reference.

    The name of the game is getting into the Customs Office and finding the forms and the Customs Seal necessary to forge departure papers. Ideally, it is to do all of this without attracting the notice of the City Watch, or leaving evidence of the crime which could be traced back to your party or Berekis.

    The guard hasn't noticed your party just yet, so you're free to explore the area outside the light of the streetlamps without attracting his attention. If you want to get closer to him/the front door without him noticing you'll need to start making stealth checks.

    Those of you who don't have low-light vision can't see very well at all outside the radius of the streetlamps, you'll take a -2 to perception checks to examine any unlit areas, and -1 to movement until you're in a lighted area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E 1b r0.jpg  
    L4W: Auntie Mab and Fierro | LEB: Kalimashtri

  • #67
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    ooc
    Can Alnar take a 10 on Arcana and Perception checks?
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #68
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    To Edit Thread Title
    Select Edit on your first post. A new button will then appear called Go Advanced
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #69
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    pacdidj's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    852
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore pacdidj
    My communities:

    ooc
    For this encounter lets say that anyone can take 10 on knowledge checks. For Perception and other skill checks you'll need to roll, as weather conditions are hampering your efforts, and we are not in a situation where your character can take his/her time to focus.
    L4W: Auntie Mab and Fierro | LEB: Kalimashtri

  • #70
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by pacdidj View Post
    ooc
    For this encounter lets say that anyone can take 10 on knowledge checks. For Perception and other skill checks you'll need to roll, as weather conditions are hampering your efforts, and we are not in a situation where your character can take his/her time to focus.
    ooc
    Rolls
    Arcana take 10= 16
    Perception=4
    No actions yet besides whispering to the party.

    Gah, looks like they have one of those magic bells. Alnar whispers to the party pointing to the bell. One ring from that and the whole watch will know we are here. We will have to either distract him or find another way inside.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 7 of 109 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 03:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 02:23 PM
    3. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 04:35 PM
    4. Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)
      By BenBrown in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 428
      Last Post: Sunday, 23rd May, 2010, 06:20 AM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 06:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •