[Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)

pacdidj

First Post
The steady drizzle and whipping winds persist during your party's five block slog down to the outer harbor, but to Bann-ur's consternation there is no lightning to enliven the gray skies. You arrive at the docks to find them empty of their typical bustling sea traffic, which upon further thought makes perfect sense given the miserable weather.

[sblock="Streetwise 12"]Glancing around you happen to notice light spilling out of the window of a nearby dive called the Murky Tankard, which looks to be a likely stomping ground for off-duty sailors.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Alnar enters the Tavern following Raiko, "How many taverns does this city have?" he thinks.

"Hey dragonboy, you look for the guys with the tattoos that look like anchors."

[sblock=ooc]
Can I "aid another" in his insight and perception checks?

Failed on insight, succeded on perception.

Edit: How should I set up these skill checks by the way? Am I doing everything alright?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
As the group is walking, a muted "clink-clink" noise can be heard a fair distance behind them. It grows in volume until Jezebel - now suited up in her armor - turns the last corner to find the party entering, apparently, another tavern. They couldn't have given up on the job already...

Jezebel pushes open the door to the dockhouse shortly after the others enter. She certainly looks more menacing with her gear: her full plate is dark black, tinted with red streaks, and spiked along the shoulders and arms. Despite the armor and the heavy shield slung along her back, she doesn't wear a helmet. Her gaze darts about the room as she gets her bearings.

[sblock=rolls]Streetwise: fails at an 11. It looks like any other building to me!

I'll try my own perception roll to see any imminent threats. (I'm not really interacting with the taverngoers yet or I'd try insight as well.)
Perception: an 8. Awfully dark in here... (says the person with low-light vision)[/sblock][sblock=Jezebel stat block]Jezebel- Female Tiefling Paladin 1
Initiative +2, Senses: Insight +6; low-light vision
HP 31/31; Bloodied 15, Surge Value 7, Surges 13/13
AC 20; Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 15
Resist 5 fire
Speed 5
Action Points 1

Conditions

Powers
Ardent Strike: attack and divine sanction (mark)
Divine Challenge: mark, 7 damage if ignored
Enfeebling Strike: attack and -2 attack rolls if marked
Divine Mettle: target makes save at +4
Divine Strength: +1 damage on next attack
Infernal Wrath: +1 attack and +4 damage on next attack, after being hit
Second Wind: use a healing surge, get +2 defenses TSNT
Valorous Smite: attack and divine sanctions in area
Majestic Halo: attack and divine sanctions in area until end of encounter
Virtue's Touch: cure one of many conditions on target

Other notes
Bloodhunt: Jezebel gains a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against bloodied foes.
Whip Training feat: When Jezebel hits a target with her whip, that target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls against a target of her choice until the end of her next turn.
[/sblock]

samursus

Explorer
Ferris turns to the others...

"What say you, friends? Shall we get in out this wretched cold and find ourselves passage to Kythira?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
Streetwise check vs. DC12, and Perception check (1d20-1=6, 1d20+5=23) Failed Streetwise, but got good Perception check for inside tavern...

"At the docks there are no sailors?" Bann-ur says in a mild state of confusion. He obviously has not dealt with human sailors enough to know that they prefer to stay inside out of the weather if possible.

Once he follows the others inside the new tavern though, his keen powers of perception start to pick out any details, including Jezebel catching up to the group from behind.

pacdidj

First Post
Inside the Murky Tankard

As your party enters the tavern, strains of fiddle music that had been emanating from the open doorway come to an abrupt stop. Once your eyes adjust to the change in lighting, you realize that this is clearly not an establishment that caters to anybody except its established clientele. You overhear muttered snatches of conversation:

"Will ya get a load of these soggy sods?..." "That armor must be twice as big as she is..." "Another motley mob come down from the Hanged Man I'll wager..."

Scanning the assortment of guarded and suspicious faces, Raiko and Alnar spot one grizzled sailor watching your group in the back of the room, who looks friendly, if somewhat disreputable. Raiko also notices that the barkeep has stopped polishing a glass, and a sunbaked halfling seated at the bar has paused his drinking mid-sip to get a good look at you. They both seem amenable to speaking with your party.

Luinnar

First Post
Alnar strolls over to the grizzled sailor in the of the back room.

Hello, we are looking to hire a boat. Perhaps you can help us? Something sturdy, comfortable, and of course within our budget.

[sblock=Diplomacy check 22]22
Trying to hire a boat to the destination, and for a cheap price.

Looks like nobody in our party is trained in Diplomacy :p
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock="Atriden"]Thanks for the offer, but I think adding a Level 2 character to our current party at this point would unbalance the adventure a little too much, and dilute the XP rewards for everyone else, who are all Level 1. I know Mal Malenkirk is recruiting in the Hanged Man right now though. You could probably get in with a higher level group, and level up Gary faster.[/sblock]

Remove ads