[Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
In the Back

"Easy guv, easy," Alnar's raised voice certainly does seem to have made Harge a bit worried. Unfortunately it has also attracted the attention of his mates, who have broken off their game of dagger toss to gather in a semi-circle behind their captain. The stare menacingly at Alnar and Ferris.

"Now, we wouldn't want things to get ugly guv. Me and me crew are just making ye a friendly offer is all. No need fer shouting. See, the Red Thunder she's a cargo ship, but right now we got no cargo. I need to put a bit of jingle in the pockets of me crew here, otherwise they'll get restless. That's why I'm offering ta deliver ye and yer mates to where yer going, savvy? It's a good deal, yes. But that's no reason fer ye and yer furry friend here to get yer blood up," Harge says nodding to Ferris with a slight smirk on his face.

[sblock="Ferris - or Insight 22"]Something about the captain's speech still rings false, despite his friendly words.[/sblock]
I shall have to talk to my friends Alnar gestures to the party making sure to point out the big warden; and get back to you on this offer; he says smiling menacingly.
[sblock=ooc]I can't suceed the insight check lol.[/sblock]

Alnar walks over to the bar. What do these guys offer? he asks. He than fills them in on Harge proposition. Seems too cheap though...

[sblock=ooc]Edit: nevermind think I have it figured out.[/sblock]

Last edited:

samursus

Explorer
Ferris accompanies Alnar to the bar to speak to rest of the pack. He nods along with Alnar's recitation... then adds:

I have a knack fer knowin' the hearts o men, and my insides are tellin' me that there Harge ain't speakin' clear-tongue... I'd advise against any further dealin's with 'im.

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=ooc]After Alnar finds out what they said. I would like try see exactly what Starweed is.

I have a feeling the best thing to do is get those papers. I might be able to bluff my way to get them.

However, besides Jezebel, I'm not sure the others would like that ;) So we might have to rent a room for the night and sneak out without the others.

What does everyone else think?[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"I do not think we have much choice" Raiko says with resign. "The old man offers us an unmanned fishing ship for far too much coin. The bar man wants us to break into a government office to help a friend." The tone in Raiko's voice should indicate he is not willing to take such action.

"This sailor seems our choice. He has likely gotten himself into some trouble and would like our presence around him as deterrence."

[sblock=ooc]There is no way you are going to convince Raiko to try and steal the papers unless you think you're bluff can consistently beat his insight.

Sneaking around may be a viable option.[/sblock]

samursus

Explorer
"I do not think we have much choice" Raiko says with resign. "The old man offers us an unmanned fishing ship for far too much coin. The bar man wants us to break into a government office to help a friend." The tone in Raiko's voice should indicate he is not willing to take such action.

"This sailor seems our choice. He has likely gotten himself into some trouble and would like our presence around him as deterrence."

[sblock=ooc]There is no way you are going to convince Raiko to try and steal the papers unless you think you're bluff can consistently beat his insight.

Sneaking around may be a viable option.[/sblock]

Ferris looks at Raiko and shakes his head...

I can understand yer reluctance Paladin, probably involvin' oaths and whatnot... but I am warning ye, no good will come of traffickin' with that Harge fella... mayhaps he might be leadin' us to somethin' worse than a bit o' subterfuge.... my votes with findin' any another option but him. Mayhaps we should sleep on it and see what the dawn shows us.

[sblock=Alnar]Ferris attempts to communicate with Alnar, suggesting they try and work out a deal with the bartender's friend... Ferris finds some of the convoluted laws of this land confusing, and doesn't have any issue with helping this man leave with his ship. Mays be ye can talk with the other two and see what they ken. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Ferris is fine with breaking and entering, as his concept of trading laws is a bit loose. As long as no innocent is hurt (and Ferris cannot see this in the current situation) he is game. Ferris is very insightful regarding others motives, but is a bit naive when it comes to the repercussions of breaking laws that he deems unimportant. This is going to be an INTERESTING adventure what with the opposed Paladins and such.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Ferris looks at Raiko and shakes his head...

I can understand yer reluctance Paladin, probably involvin' oaths and whatnot... but I am warning ye, no good will come of traffickin' with that Harge fella... mayhaps he might be leadin' us to somethin' worse than a bit o' subterfuge.... my votes with findin' any another option but him. Mayhaps we should sleep on it and see what the dawn shows us.

[sblock=Alnar]Ferris attempts to communicate with Alnar, suggesting they try and work out a deal with the bartender's friend... Ferris finds some of the convoluted laws of this land confusing, and doesn't have any issue with helping this man leave with his ship. Mays be ye can talk with the other two and see what they ken. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Ferris is fine with breaking and entering, as his concept of trading laws is a bit loose. As long as no innocent is hurt (and Ferris cannot see this in the current situation) he is game. Ferris is very insightful regarding others motives, but is a bit naive when it comes to the repercussions of breaking laws that he deems unimportant. This is going to be an INTERESTING adventure what with the opposed Paladins and such.[/sblock]
Alnar gives Ferris a nod and says "Yes I think it is best we sleep on it; will give us more time to think".

[sblock=OOC]Alnar is OK with the plan because it is his only choice. He won't harm innocents though.

Sorry but unless we give Raiko something that lowers his skills we won't be able to bring him along (I do have +9 to bluff, but it would fail eventually).

If we are caught Alnar won't want Jezebel to kill the guards. [/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Jezebel turns away from the barkeep after he spits out the information. "Just some recreation for his crew, huh? Hard to see anything wrong with that." She says that hoping to change Raiko's opinion, but she doesn't believe it. If this Berekis is getting even a little Starweed, he's probably filling his cargohold with it.

She walks away from the barkeep to join the others. If she notices Alnar and Ferris passing messages, she doesn't give any hint of it. "Awfully early to get some sleep, isn't it? Maybe we can simply 'grease the wheels' to get those papers. Or maybe there is some other travel method, such as an amenable mage." Jezebel glances at Raiko. "And anyway, putting to sea with Harge does not sound so terrible. What is the worse he could do? Attack us in the night? Let him try."

[sblock=sneaking around]It would probably be in character for Jezzy to sneak out in the night and break into the office, but I don't like the idea as an OOC matter. It would potentially leave Raiko out of the night's worth of adventure. Better for us to stick together.
She would kill any guards (no witnesses!) if left to her own, but I'm sure Alnar could convince her not to.

As an aside, I take more of a "do no good" stand for Jezzy than "always do evil." I see that as the opposite of the more traditional paladin's oath, since they aren't required to always do good. So with that said, any of these options are acceptable to her.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Alnar walks over to Bann-ur and explains the situation and sees what he thinks the best course of action would be. He fails to mention that they might sneak in and get the papers anyway just in case he would not approve.
[sblock=sneaking around]It would probably be in character for Jezzy to sneak out in the night and break into the office, but I don't like the idea as an OOC matter. It would potentially leave Raiko out of the night's worth of adventure. Better for us to stick together.
She would kill any guards (no witnesses!) if left to her own, but I'm sure Alnar could convince her not to.

As an aside, I take more of a "do no good" stand for Jezzy than "always do evil." I see that as the opposite of the more traditional paladin's oath, since they aren't required to always do good. So with that said, any of these options are acceptable to her.[/sblock]
[sblock=sneaking around]I do think it would be more fun to bring Raiko along if it is OK with Scorpius, even though we might have to end up sapping him at the end :p

We would have to make up a good story though. "The head of the boat authorities is an Oni and we need proof to get him arrested!" or something like that.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
After Alnar explains the options that they've uncovered, Bann-ur takes a moment to think before answering quietly in his deep rumbling voice, "Not a good thing to be stealing, but no money have I to pay a fare for myself. Without other option, unknowing am I what else we can do."

[sblock=OOC]Bann-ur wouldn't choose to do the breaking & entering if he could help it, but with no money sometimes comes no choice. He's enough of a wilderness guy that he would take the chance on being wanted in the city which he can mostly survive without. How we do that with a dissenting Paladin, I'm not sure. Unless he has 5gp to pay for his own fare and we travel seperately? I know, not likely. But I don't know of any other ideas.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"A fair point as well. I have just under 4 gold myself."

[sblock=ooc]The next group trying to leave the Inn is in need of a defender. We have three.

This may be the best time for Raiko to leave, as its early on in the adventure, and we have a moral delema. I certainly would like to send someone over in my stead mind you.[/sblock]

Remove ads