L4W Discussion Thread V

Karlowitch

First Post
CrimsonFlameWielder said:
The set-magic-items exist (you can find them if you know what each piece is called), but unfortunately...there's no way to pull them up as a group like you used to in the downloaded version :(

Actually, I found out you can find all item sets with the D&D compendium :D !

Search for Item sets and whola, it is there !

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
http://wizards.com/dnd/files/excerpt_20111028.pdf

This excerpt from Heroes of the Feywild was published on the 28th of October, but the book itself won't be released until November 15th. New content is available here one month after the publish date. Will this theme be available November 28th or December 15th?

Previews aren't rule material as far as this community is concerned; it's not official until it hits bookshelves/Compendium. In other words, December 15th.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
I know this is extremely confusing. I actually saw the book on the shelf two weeks ago (both at a local Barnes & Noble, and at Yottaquest in Cincinnati). Wizards actually releases their stuff to "select" vendors in advance, sometimes by as much as a month from the official release date. That means that many players in larger cities have the books ahead of those who have to wait for their local bookstore (or Amazon et al...) to come out with it.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
This request is entirely unrelated to L4W except that you guys are used to playing PbP games and I know many of you (in game at least). I'm playtesting a 4x (read: Moo2/Imperium Galactica/Galactic Civilizations) space conquest game that I'm planning on eventually turning into a computer game.

Before I do, I want to run a forum version of the game, pbp style to playtest, work out the mechanics, find broken stuff, and figure out the best way to structure my code. The first game will be small (2-3 empires, 3-4 star systems) since I'll be doing all the mechanical stuff by hand - until I figure out the best way to code it anyway. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll get you hooked up.

Thanks!

Edit: Full.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
This request is entirely unrelated to L4W except that you guys are used to playing PbP games and I know many of you (in game at least). I'm playtesting a 4x (read: Moo2/Imperium Galactica/Galactic Civilizations) space conquest game that I'm planning on eventually turning into a computer game.

Before I do, I want to run a forum version of the game, pbp style to playtest, work out the mechanics, find broken stuff, and figure out the best way to structure my code. The first game will be small (2-3 empires, 3-4 star systems) since I'll be doing all the mechanical stuff by hand - until I figure out the best way to code it anyway. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll get you hooked up.

Thanks!

Edit: Need 1 more.

*Suffers Stars! flashback*

*Runs away screaming*

treex

First Post
This request is entirely unrelated to L4W except that you guys are used to...

...Thanks!

Edit: Full.

Really curious, will you be playing it here? Cause I'd like a link to it so that I can read it. Also, maybe open up an OOC and people can comment and give feedback.

On another topic, I wanna make a new character (I'll keep my Warforged Vampire for another time, or when there's a setting that he can ease into). I'm looking for something...gory. I want my character to be able to pierce human flesh with nothing but his bare hands, with or without visible aura or anything. Think Chidori from Naruto, but I'm not gonna rip it off and do elemental Chidoris == (actually, maybe I will!)

I was hoping for some suggestion from you guys.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Really curious, will you be playing it here? Cause I'd like a link to it so that I can read it. Also, maybe open up an OOC and people can comment and give feedback.

On another topic, I wanna make a new character (I'll keep my Warforged Vampire for another time, or when there's a setting that he can ease into). I'm looking for something...gory. I want my character to be able to pierce human flesh with nothing but his bare hands, with or without visible aura or anything. Think Chidori from Naruto, but I'm not gonna rip it off and do elemental Chidoris == (actually, maybe I will!)

I was hoping for some suggestion from you guys.

I have a separate forum that it's going to be played on. Most of what's going on won't be visible as the forum has hidden sub-forums for each player, but there will be a general area for discussion, politics, and maybe a "News Network" deal with important stuff that's going on.

As for a character that uses their hands, I'm not touching your Chidoris, but the only classes I know of off the top of my head that use their bare hands in melee are Monks, Vampires, Brawler Fighters. Pretty much everything else uses and implement and/or weapon.

WEContact

First Post
Master of the Fist [Multiclass Monk], from Dragon 404, lets any class use the Monk Unarmed Strike feature. It also grants Ki Focus proficiency and training in a Monk class skill. It's pretty fantastic. There's also, I think, a Rogue feat in that article that lets your Monk Unarmed Strike count as a light blade for the purposes of Rogue powers' and Sneak Attack's weapon requirements.

Remove ads