L4W Discussion Thread V

Luinnar

First Post
Hi guys!

Is it true there is no longer a restriction on how many times you can use a magic item's daily power?
I believe it was changed to you can use an unlimited number of magic item daily powers per day, but your character can only have 1 rare item/tier.

Meaning my fighter could use the quick sword and frost sword daily powers in one day. He could not use the quick sword power more than once per day however (unless there is a way to recharge it).

Karlowitch

First Post
Luinnar said:
I believe it was changed to you can use an unlimited number of magic item daily powers per day, but your character can only have 1 rare item/tier.

Meaning my fighter could use the quick sword and frost sword daily powers in one day. He could not use the quick sword power more than once per day however (unless there is a way to recharge it).

Ok, thanks for the info. One more question, what is a rare item?

Luinnar

First Post
Ok, thanks for the info. One more question, what is a rare item?
They gave each item an individual rarity. All the old items are common or uncommon. Rare items are only in some of the new Dragon articles and Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium as far as I know of. So if your source does not list rarity, it is not rare :)

Mewness

First Post
I don't know whether there were any formal proposals to this effect, but as we don't seem to use item rarity in L4E, the daily power restrictions should still be in place (the item rarity rules also restrict uncommon items, which we certainly do not).

Karlowitch

First Post
well, must admit I am a bit confused about the matter. Tried to look it up on the D&D website, but no luck. If it is an official rule, shouldn't it be included in l4w according to the charter?

What about set-magic-items. Do they still exist? Can't find them in CB.

The set-magic-items exist (you can find them if you know what each piece is called), but unfortunately...there's no way to pull them up as a group like you used to in the downloaded version :(

Remove ads