L4W Discussion Thread V

I just finished reviewing Vimak Stonecarver's sheet. It is still sitting in the "needs one approval from anyone section", however, it has now been reviewed by 1 SR and one anyone (that's me!), so if an SR could take a look-see and give it final approval, that would be great!

Oh, and I'd just like to say to everyone: Thanks for the warm welcome! It's nice that someone fresh into the game is able to help out like this! I can't wait to get in there and start playing in some adventures with you guys!

Karlowitch

First Post
Hi Gang!

Dekana and I have been discussing whatever her Character Toeto gets a bonus from her Healing weapon and Healer's Brooch to her power:

" Wind of Pain and Succor "

Effect: The first ally to regain hit points while adjacent to Toeto's spirit companion regains 1d8 additional hit points. The second ally to do so regains 2d8 additional hit points, and the third ally to do so regains 3d8 additional hit points. This effect ends after the third ally regains these additional hit points or at the end of the encounter.

I my opinion she should heal additional hitpoints if:

* If the ally heals himself or herself with his/hers own power or item, the the ally should heal 3 additional hp's.
* If the ally spends a Second wind, she should heal additional hp's equal to (spirit protector class feature) plus the bonus from Healing Weapon and Healer's Brooch. Which is total of 6 additional hp's.

I agree with Dekana that she does not get the bonus if she uses one of her own healing powers, to heal her ally since same healing benefits to not stack.
Example: Dekana heals an ally with " Healing Spirit " after she has used " Wind of Pain and Succor ". Then she should only heal the main target for = 1d8+10+7.

Am I completely wrong on this one?

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Just to add, my take on it is that none of the 1d8/2d8/3d8 heals get bonuses to healing, since it is additional healing added to a different power. I'd compare to extra damage from sneak attack, which doesn't get enhancement bonuses to damage (unless they specifically work on sneak attack that is).

Edit: In both examples, I would write:
Ally regains hp from their power, +3 from protector spirit if adjacent to SC (applying to their power, not WoPaS), and +1d8/2d8/3d8 from WoPaS. The healing weapon and brooch don't figure into it at all, because Toeto didn't use the power that granted hp to begin with - the ally did.

Last edited:

Karlowitch

First Post
ohh, I forgot to add that the healing brooch is listed as applicable in the character builder under healing bonus breakdown, when you look at the power. Which would mean that the healing weapon should be applicable as well.

Anyways, what do you say gang ?

CaBaNa

First Post
I'd say add the brooch and weapon to the extra d8's, as Wind of Pain and Succor is "a power that enables you or an ally to regain hp" and is "a power that restores hit points to an ally".

Toeto did use a power that granted HP, 1d8, 2d8, or 3d8 hp.

Wind of Pain and Succor even has the healing keyword.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I was thinking of updating the charter, especially the "houserules and restrictions" area since there's a few things that I think have changed/been clarified that aren't on there:

* It says FR backgrounds aren't allowed, but I've been assuming other setting-specific themes(Dark Sun and Scales of War to be precise) are also not allowed.
* I think the proposal to make Expertise feats that are on the old 5/15/25 update scheme instead use the now-accepted 1/11/21 update scheme.

I'll wait for confirmation of these (and other things that need to be changed on there that I've missed) before doing anything.

covaithe

Explorer
I think you mean setting-specific backgrounds, not themes, right? If so, I think you're correct. I suspect the proposal in question is buried pretty deep in the forum, though. Would take a fair amount of work to dig it up.

With regards to expertise feats... yeesh. Sounds right to me, but I think we've changed and tweaked that houserule two or three times. I'd hesitate to say exactly what it currently is without reading through the proposals again.

CaBaNa

First Post
I was thinking of updating the charter, especially the "houserules and restrictions" area since there's a few things that I think have changed/been clarified that aren't on there:

* It says FR backgrounds aren't allowed, but I've been assuming other setting-specific themes(Dark Sun and Scales of War to be precise) are also not allowed.
* I think the proposal to make Expertise feats that are on the old 5/15/25 update scheme instead use the now-accepted 1/11/21 update scheme.

I'll wait for confirmation of these (and other things that need to be changed on there that I've missed) before doing anything.

I think you mean setting-specific backgrounds, not themes, right? If so, I think you're correct. I suspect the proposal in question is buried pretty deep in the forum, though. Would take a fair amount of work to dig it up.

With regards to expertise feats... yeesh. Sounds right to me, but I think we've changed and tweaked that houserule two or three times. I'd hesitate to say exactly what it currently is without reading through the proposals again.

Dark Sun Block covers some of this, as to themes in general here is the link, and the link to backgrounds, The link for part of expertise and the other part.

Last edited:

Remove ads